D&D 5E Keith Baker Presents Closing Doors On Eberron

There's one more Eberron book coming

315887.png

Keith Baker has announced that his Eberron-based publishing company will be ending production after 4 years. The company, led by Eberron creator Keith Baker, produced four incredibly popular books on the Dungeon Master's Guild--Exploring Eberron, Chronicles of Eberron, Dread Metrol, and Eberron Confidential. There is one more book planned--Frontiers of Eberron: Quickstone will be released by Visionary Production and Design who will also be continuing publication of the four existing books.

Eberron is an official D&D world, and was introduced to 5E with Eberron: Rising form the Last War in 2019.

We appreciate all the support and enthusiasm that our fans brought these past four years, and it is with a heavy heart that we must inform you that on June 30, 2023 KB Presents will be closing its doors. It has been a joy and honor to bring you our version of Eberron and we are incredibly proud of what we have created.

As we pursue new challenges and opportunities, we leave the existing works under the stewardship of Visionary Production and Design (https://twitter.com/visionarypnd). This includes the following Dungeon Masters Guild titles:

Exploring Eberron: Exploring Eberron - Dungeon Masters Guild | Dungeon Masters Guild
Chronicles of Eberron: Chronicles of Eberron - Dungeon Masters Guild | Dungeon Masters Guild
Dread Metrol: Dread Metrol: Into the Mists - An Eberron / Ravenloft Crossover - Dungeon Masters Guild | Dungeon Masters Guild
Eberron Confidential: Eberron Confidential - Dungeon Masters Guild | Dungeon Masters Guild

If you would like to continue supporting the former KB Presents production team, you can find us at:

Laura Hirsbrunner, Editor: Laura Hirsbrunner
Imogen Gingell, Designer: Imogen Gingell
Wayne Chang, Producer: Adventuring Zone
Keith Baker, Lead Designer: Twogether Studios

Our final book, Frontiers of Eberron: Quickstone, is slated for release in the latter half of 2023 and will be published under Visionary. We appreciate your taking this journey with us and we look forward to our paths crossing once again.

Thank you!

darjr

I crit!
IMG_7502.jpeg

Update.

Keith posted later in the thread as well as elsewhere.
Hi Everyone!
Thanks for all the good wishes. As noted in the tweet earlier, while I’m shifting my primary focus to my work with Twogether Studios, I still love Eberron and will continue to write articles for my blog and my Patreon… I’m doing an Eberron story hour tomorrow on my Patreon Discord! So I’m excited about the new things on the horizon and narrowing my focus, but I’ll keep writing Eberron articles as long as my Patrons keep asking for them.
IMG_7513.jpeg

Edit:
Note an earlier thread brought up by @beta-ray notes his earlier thoughts leading up to this.

Last edited:

Ouch. Was there just not enough interest in keep publishing for Eberron?
Exploring Eberron and Chronicles of Eberron have been consistently in the Top 10, if not Top 5, of the Most Popular Titles list on DMsGuild more or less since they released (almost three years for ExEb), so there's definitely interest - whether it's enough to justify the costs of production is another matter.

But regardless, Baker's been talking about wanting to write new novels for a while, and he basically can't write anything Eberron without getting the go ahead from WotC, who barely publish any novels anymore, or going through DMsGuild, which doesn't allow anything that isn't primarily a gaming supplement of some kind. The OGL debacle also didn't help.

Sad to see it, especially if this turns out to be a sign of Baker walking away from Eberron altogether rather than just wanting to focus on non-Eberron projects, but I definitely understand where he's coming from.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads