• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ken Hood's Grim-n-Gritty

Derro

First Post
Is this still around anywhere? I've googled and what not but I can't find a link anywhere. RPGNow hosted it at one time but it's gone now.

Ken, if you're out there, have you got any revisions or updates? One of my players was a really big fan of this piece of work and he's thinking about running another game. I'd like to get him a copy or link. Y'know, for the blood.

Starman

Adventurer
Here you go. I think this is the most recent version he did.

Attachments

• Grim'n'Gritty v3.3 (Homebrew-Ken Hood).pdf
    225.3 KB · Views: 229

Aus_Snow

First Post
There is a HP version (v4.0) at RPGNow: here. But it's quite different, and personally, I prefer the older one.

edit --- huh, I just downloaded that one (v3.3) and it uses HPs too. Hm. I was thinking of an even earlier one, with the wound track, a la CP2020.

arnon

Explorer
There are several versions that I know of: 3.3, Revised & Simplified, and 4.0.

4.0 is kind of a meshing of the two first vesions, sort of trying to take the best of the two and make it into one.

I'm attaching the Revised and Simplified version. This one has the "life pips" as he called them.

The 4.0 version was available for sale on RPGnow or DrivethruRPG or both...

Attachments

• Grim-n-Gritty Revised and Simplified.doc
    129.5 KB · Views: 128

SSquirrel

Explorer
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=82837&highlight=revised+grim

is the old thread where Ken introduced the Revised and Simplified Grim N Gritty. Back before the ENWorld messageboards tanked and a lot of threads got lost, I had gone thru that entire thread, summed up all the clarifying answers from Ken and others of us who got involved w/the system and made a new thread w/the most up to date files and the Q&A. Sadly it was one of the threads eaten by the crash and I never have gone back to do it again. I think my old hard drive has a slightly different version of the rules than what ENWorld has hosted, it contained the sample combat Ken wroteup to good effect in that old thread.

Remove ads