• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kensai question with signature weapon

zypherillius

First Post
i dont have the book in front of me, but does a kensai need to have a masterwork weapon to make it his signature weapon? from memory, i dont think he does, but i might be wrong.

if he doesnt, do you think it would break the voluntary poverty pre-req since he has a weapon thats not non-magical? keeping in mind, if he tried to seel it off, it would be a normal non masterwork weapon, keeping the voluntary poverty in mind. sorry for the silly post, i just cant answer it myself and its gonna bug me all day.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
I do not recall a poverty pre-req for Kensai. Are you talking about a Kensai with a Vow of Poverty? If so, such a Kensai either cannot own a signature weapon or he permanently loses his Vow of Poverty.

Tantalus

First Post
It definitely states in the book that the Kensai needs a masterwork weapon as the base for the signature weapon. No idea how this affects VoP as I've never played in any campaign with a VoP character.

Tantalus

Remove ads