• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kensai Question

Khelvan

First Post
I am looking for a good Melee Cleric.
F2 CL4 Ken 1 is a good idea i Think.
I need the Cleric Spells for support like Magical Vestment and
Greater magical Weapon.
So i am interested in a good spell progression along the Way.
But i dont found a better solution to get to the Kensai Class then this without loosing more spell progression.
But if somenone has an better idea i would appreciate it.
Thanks.

Khelvan

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Greater magical Weapon.

I think that the Kensai bonuses will outstrip the bennies of that spell quite quickly- make sure that the other spells you want will really boost the guy's combat ability faster than the PrCl's powers.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Khelvan said:
I am looking for a good Melee Cleric.
Best melee cleric is a cleric. Once he gets divine power + righteous might + divine favor at 9th, he's not going to regret being single-classed. You'll need a Metamagic Rod (Quicken) or some other, similar cheese to get your buffs up in a reasonable number of actions.

Prestige Classes which get you extra Domains are acceptable, but only if they don't cost any caster levels.

Cheers, -- N

Drowbane

First Post
Nifft said:
Best melee cleric is a cleric. Once he gets divine power + righteous might + divine favor at 9th, he's not going to regret being single-classed. You'll need a Metamagic Rod (Quicken) or some other, similar cheese to get your buffs up in a reasonable number of actions.

Prestige Classes which get you extra Domains are acceptable, but only if they don't cost any caster levels.

Cheers, -- N

QFT

Incidently, the best melee fighter is also a cleric.

edit: also, the best paladin happens to also be a cleric... :p

Drowbane

First Post
Gloombunny said:
What good is a kensai class if you can't even do a Musashi homage? :/

I don't think a Musashi-based kensai class would have anything to do with gaining magic bonuses on a weapon... or two. The Kensai PrC is poorly named.

Remove ads