• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kensai Question

Khelvan

First Post
A signature Weapon of a Kensai does it work for other Person the same?
Does it count as a normal Magic item or are its powers bound to the Kensai whow created it?

Thanks

Khelvan

moritheil

First Post
Khelvan said:
A signature Weapon of a Kensai does it work for other Person the same?
Does it count as a normal Magic item or are its powers bound to the Kensai whow created it?

Thanks

Khelvan

It's a bit of a tricky question since the class doesn't go into it in detail. However, there are two arguments for making it specific to the individual. First, it's a class feature. Unless I take Hierophant, I can't give away my wild shape uses to anyone else; they are mine and no one else can use them. Precedent seems to indicate that class features should not be loaned out.

Second, in the mythos it draws from, it would be a grave dishonor to let someone else use your signature weapon: it is yours and yours alone. I can see how class flavor isn't really a valid argument for some, so I consider this argument less compelling.

Thanael

Explorer
To quote from Complete Warrior: The character focuses part of his lifeforce into the weapon making it more effective in his hands and his hands alone

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The feel I get is that the power imbued in the weapon is linked to the Kensai's life force, and thus is available for the Kensai's use only.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads