• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keten Hamu - The Sand Wolf

Sgt_Shock

First Post
About to run Entombed with the Pharoahs and I came across an encounter against a Hiecarosphinx (CR 5) named Keten Hamu. They don't provide a stat block for him, just hp and tactics. And a reference to MM 136. I looked at the 3.5 MM and found a flesh golem on that page. Maybe they mean Pathfinder.

Unfortunately Hiecarosphinxes aren't in any of the PF bestiaries I've seen, and only managed to find a PF one here: Sphinx, Hieracosphinx - Pathfinder_OGC

This guy is CR 5 so he might fit, but Hamu listed in the adventure has 81 hp compared to this guy's 60. It also mentions rake in his tactics which the PF sphinx doesn't have.

I could just advance the base Hiecarosphinx given and try to match Hamu, but than it wouldn't be CR 5 anymore. I'd much rather find whatever statblock the book wants you to reference (there is no Hamu stats in the appendices). Why did Paizo do this? Am I missing something?

Nebten

First Post
Entomed with the Pharoahs was written under the 3.5 rules, before Pathfinder the system came out. So they would want you to use the 3.5 Hieracosphinx which is on page 234. Possibly an editing error.

So you can either use the hieracosphinx from 3.5's MM on page 234 or use the one from Besitary 3 with the link provided.

I would use the listed hps in the module as this sphinx is more powerful then the average one.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads