Key Bank says Heart Surgery equals no more House

Banks re funny things. They can get away with a lot, especially when it's just some guy that doesn't have a lot of money and isn't well connected. They may try to bully you and scare you. Funny enough, banks can also be very helpful, to the point of it being comedic. This is generally the case when you put them on the spot in the media. Lawyers, their good. They can help, sometimes, but hey cost money. News reporters, on the other hand, are free, and they are like magic. They put out a story of a bank pushing you out of your house because you were two days late and had some medical hardship? The bank will suddenly become very friendly to you. God forbid you're a veteran. The bank will suddenly have found money from some other place to help you pay your mortgage. They may even find money to send you on a vacation to Disney World.

Call up your local news station (Fox stations are probably best). They'll sensationalize the hell out of this story, and you'll be fine.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
In a tangential vein, are you a member of a faith community of any kind? Helping out their flock is the bread & butter of many clergymen. Not only may they be able to help you with your housing situation via a fundraiser or some such, some also have a bit of the Socratic gadfly to them, and have buddies in the press...

was

Adventurer
Who did you talk to at the bank? If it was just an average flunkie, ask to speak to a manager. I'd always suggest seeing if they have some sort of hardship repayment program. Odds are that they do. If they get tough, remind them that they will lose money in the long run, due to the legal processes, and customers once your story becomes public. But use that as a fall-back position.

Wife spoke to our church and between their help, in-laws help and our saving every dollar we had I think we will be okay.

The real kicker, when I called the bank to make the payment they were nasty and heavy handed. Once the electronic payment was okayed they became bright and sunshiney and asked what they could do to help me. BASTARDS.

Work is okay. The pay cut is if I had to go to a different department which I didn't. Thus why payments are beginning to happen.

As for the medical, I may indeed give those folks a call.

Thankyou everyone for the thoughts, prayers and ideas.

The Farrell family

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Megamania, I am sorry to hear of all of this!!!!! Hang tough dude! I cannot give any advice, just my sympathies and support.

Remove ads