• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keywords in my Forbidden Thread Subject List

StupidSmurf

First Post
eris404 said:
I'd like to add any thread or post with the sole purpose of complaining about Dragon and/or Dungeon, how it is useless to one person's game, etc. Constructive criticism is one thing and just saying "X sucks" does nothing for me.

Oh, and on a slightly related note, I think the term "bling" needs to go away now.

Oh gawd bless ya!!! I couldn't agree more! While we're at it, can we also get rid of "extreme", "empowered", and "diversity"? When words are overused and become buzzwords, especially to the point where they become cliches, they need to disappear for a while. :eek:

lukelightning

First Post
Once I saw a headline that was something like "empowering voters' rights" and the first thing that popped into my head was "ah, they use a ballot slot two levels higher..."

StupidSmurf said:
Oh gawd bless ya!!! I couldn't agree more! While we're at it, can we also get rid of "extreme", "empowered", and "diversity"? When words are overused and become buzzwords, especially to the point where they become cliches, they need to disappear for a while. :eek:

I always skip over posts that have the word RPGnet in the title. If I cared about that crap, I would go to their boards and read about it. I don't, so I don't.

On the Rules forum, I skip all posts that have the words cleave, mirror image, flanking, and evasion.

Tatsukun

Danjin Masutaa
Oh come on, everyone is forgetting the many "Help me price this item" threads that ramble on for weeks with no answer other than "Do what you want, you are the DM!"

-Tatsu

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
lukelightning said:
I have a question. Fine, you have a question. Why not put the question in the subject line where it will actually be useful.

Help me please! Maybe, but again, why not put some info in the subject, like "help me with pricing this item."
Right, I'm not fond of thread titles that don't indicate (not even in general) what the thread's about, either.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Do you know what I find sad?

That these are the very threads that poor old Moderators *have* to look at, since we know they are generally ticking time bombs :(

< Tiny Tim Voice >
"Spare a thought for your moderators, guv"
</ Tiny Tim Voice >

:D

Remove ads