Kickstarter [KickStarter] Secrets of Blackmoor Documentary Film

3c6e43c2950251fe751ebafea935bb63_original.jpg

When Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson were working on D&D together, Arneson created an entire game within a game for D&D. It was called Battle in the Skies, or BITS. Due to its length it was redacted and not included in the final publication.

More stuff to read.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/secretsofblackmoor/secrets-of-blackmoor-the-true-history-of-dungeons/posts/2370753

It's your Last Chance to Dance as we close in on the last hours of the KickStarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ets-of-blackmoor-the-true-history-of-dungeons

We managed to make a stretch goal for the Emergence of Blackmoor Poster of maps and documents.

Thanks to anyone who pledged, you made a difference to us.

Those of you who are still siting on the ledge wondering what to do. We use Backer Kit, thus if you are in at $5 when the KS ends, you have several weeks to consider add ons later.

Griff

R_J_K75

Legend
I don't have much money so I didn't kickstart this but I did watch this on-demand Saturday night. I liked it a lot but was a bit disappointed that the Blackmoor fantasy roleplaying portion was mostly the last 30 minutes of the documentary. Overall I found the movie very interesting to see how the game evolved and progressed from the mid-60s onward into what became D&D. It was cool how the players referred to it as playing Blackmoor rather than D&D mostly. One thing the movie got me thinking was how the game has evolved, well my games at least, to move away from the "what do you do", where every action was closely thought out to a more streamlined resolution paradigm. Made me consider going back to that. Also liked how the guy from Judges Guild (I think) was willing to sacrifice his un-opened copy of the first campaign and opened it on camera. For the 2 hours and $4 it was worth watching and brought back quite a few memories from my early years of gaming in the 80's.

Remove ads