• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Kickstarting the Pathfinder version of Interface Zero 2.0: what do you want to see?

Enkill

First Post
Hi everyone, this is David Jarvis of Gun Metal Games.

As development of the Pathfinder version of Interface Zero continues, I've been giving some thought to possibly kickstarting it.

My funding needs would certainly be lower than before, mainly because the fiction is already written, minus some extra fiction I'd like to put into it. I also have a ton of great artwork, so, aside from a few new illustrations (mainly Iconic Character images for the classes), I'm funding the layout, the writing, and the editing.

To keep the development costs even lower (most likely at 6000 dollars), I'm going to ask for funding for a PDF first, and then do a print book as a stretch goal.

Aside from that, what else would you like to see in terms of Stretch Goals?

What pledge options would you like to have? Right now, anything is on the table. I'm really looking forward to finding out what interests you.

Thanks for your time.

Asatru009

Explorer
I think that as a base goal, you should make the Open Game Content clear and easy to understand so people don't need to scratch their heads and figure out what is what. For example I bought Eclipse Phase only because it was released under a creative commons license, that is the only reason why I bought it. If you are able to do a quality index of the pdf, that is when ebooks become very helpful. I would probably buy the ebook without knowing too much if it had those qualities in it.

As for stretch goals? I'd suggest high quality artwork that people could hang up on a wall or elswhere. Another stretch goal could be Creative Commons license all the art or whatever. Maybe 3d printer files for minis of some kind? More maps for areas such as the midwest, or South America, South Pacific. A secret nazi base in Antarctica or Mars? :p

Enkill

First Post
I think that as a base goal, you should make the Open Game Content clear and easy to understand so people don't need to scratch their heads and figure out what is what. For example I bought Eclipse Phase only because it was released under a creative commons license, that is the only reason why I bought it. If you are able to do a quality index of the pdf, that is when ebooks become very helpful. I would probably buy the ebook without knowing too much if it had those qualities in it.

As for stretch goals? I'd suggest high quality artwork that people could hang up on a wall or elswhere. Another stretch goal could be Creative Commons license all the art or whatever. Maybe 3d printer files for minis of some kind? More maps for areas such as the midwest, or South America, South Pacific. A secret nazi base in Antarctica or Mars? :p

Great suggestions!

I don't knwo how to make 3-d printer fiules, but I'll look into it.

I've also thought of dry-erase character sheets as a part of a pledge level, or maybe just having those as a stretch goal.

As for Open game content, my plan is to do two pdfs; One that is the entire setting with the rules included (this would be a print book as well), and one PDF that is_just_open gaming content. I'm also goign to look at putting all of the open content on the D20PFSRD site.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads