Kid's Star Wars game -- Session 2!

Rel said:
I'll be watching this thread with interest, Joshua! Can't wait for more!
Based on their enthusiasm, I'd better have something ready to go still this week! Luckily I've got Veteran's Day off work to think of what to do for them...

Well, last weekend was a complete bust (in terms of getting a game in, anyway -- otherwise it was mostly fine.) This weekend it is, though. And hopefully another session over the Thanksgiving holiday while we're at it!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Joshua Dyal said:
Well, last weekend was a complete bust (in terms of getting a game in, anyway -- otherwise it was mostly fine.) This weekend it is, though. And hopefully another session over the Thanksgiving holiday while we're at it!

Sweet! May the Force Be With Them!

Second session last night -- I decided to see what would happen if I put some less than clear goals in front of them. Unfortunately, I was very tired as we played, so I think the main thing that happened was that the session was largely incoherent to the kids. Oh well...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Space Dracula (the first name was a new addition to his title) was lounging about in his Coruscant apartment. His onetime partner in Jedi hijinks, Alea, was busy, having her nails done by her mother, and he was just reading a book, when a speeder flew past his window close enough to make his apartment shake. He reached out with the Force to try and sense what was happening, and he got a very bad feeling about the speeder; it was clearly someone who was up to no good.

That was all he needed to come running out of his apartment, his gold-yellow lightsaber (slight change in color since last session) in hand. A speeder was sitting nearby; a nice hot rod with flames painted along the sides. "That'll do nicely," he said to himself as he hopped in and chased the speeder away. He darted through the busy Coruscant traffic after the dark speeder in front of him. Stretching out with the Force again, he pushed the speeder, which lost control and crashed to the street below. He saw a figure climb out of the wreck and run inside a crowded restaurant below.

He brought his own speeder down to the ground and hopped out, running inside after. However, once inside, he was surprised to see that it was an extremely crowded area, and he had no way of telling who it was that he had chased. He reached out with the Force once again to try and discern who amongst the crowd was his quarry as he walked slowly through the crowd. He noticed one alien in particular who was watching him suspiciously, and as he looked at him, the alien turned and ran away through a back door. Space Dracula gave chase.

Outside, he was surprised to run into two battle droids. His lightsaber quickly came out and he dispatched them with no problem, but as he was doing so, the man he was chasing flew away; a rocket pack on his back giving him the boost he needed to escape.

Space Dracula returned to the Jedi Temple to consult with Yoda on the strange alien that had so disturbed him. He was crestfallen, however, to discover that Yoda was not in his office; apparently he was off scouting a newly discovered planet named Dagobah for its capability to have Jedi natives. Mace Windu was present however, and asked Space Dracula to describe the villain to him.

"Yes, we know of this scoundrel," he said. "He is said to be in league with a creature named General Grevious that we are most anxious to apprehend. His ship was tracked to the Panthan Asteroid Belt. Take a Jedi Starfighter and follow him, and stop him however you must."

Space Dracula was glad to have a clear mission in front of him, so he went through the temple to the hangar bay. There he found Alea waiting for him. She was apparently done with her nails (they were nice and pink) and had inexplicably turned into a dog that looked like this one. But she was now ready to embark on adventure with her partner again, so she climbed into the gunner's seat and the two of them set their hyperspace coordinates for the Panthan asteroid belt, a densely packed region of space that had no nearly planet or sun.

Once they arrived, they were surprised to find their ship under attack! Blaster shots seared the rocks around them as Space Dracula swerved and rolled to avoid the attacks. Space Dracula ducked behind an asteroid and settled quietly on the surface, turning off any systems that would give away their location. Once the ship zoomed past them, apparently unaware of where they had gone, he launched back into space behind it.

"I got 'em!" said Alea, narrowing in with her guns on the target. With a few key blasts, she hit the attacking spacecraft, which spun out of control to explode against a nearby asteroid. When the fire, smoke and debris cleared, they set about trying to find the hideout they knew must be nearby.

Soon they could see not far away a silvery structure attached to a large asteroid; almost a minor planet it was so big. The landed their ship next to it and went to investigate.

The door to the structure was locked, but a simple swipe with their lightsabers took care of that. Inside, they found a lighted shaft that plunged downward almost as far as they could see. They both leapt downwards, using the Force to control their fall and land lightly after falling for several minutes. Battle droids looked up in surprise as they landed, but they quickly dispatched them, taking no blaster hits themselves.

But moving into the next room, they found a droid of a type they had never seen before (see attached image.) He was tall, looming over them with a narrow, soul-less face, and as they approached he scornfully mocked them, drawing lightsabers for each hand -- and then one for his clawed foot.

Rather than a blow for blow, suffice it to say that the two intrepid young Jedi defeated the strange droid, but it had left them both with only one more hit left before death. They staggered back to their spaceship relieved to have survived the encounter and desperate to heal their wounds before anything else went wrong...

Attachments

• grevious.jpg
    grevious.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Remove ads