Kill Bargle! A Pathfinder RPG Alpha Release Adventure

The Rolling Man

First Post
Lanandro, Varisian Sorcerer

"I wonder why an Acadamae graduate would come to such a remote and desolated place. Is he simply hiding from the many enemies he foolishly made or is there something special about this place. No matter ... I'll get what's coming to him. Corby you want to go scout the exterior ?"

Ilium

First Post
Terry surveys the keep and says, "Lanandro, think I could talk you into a little protection?" He pulls out a wand and adds, "I'll trade ya."

[SBLOCK=OOC for Rolling Man] Looking for a Mage Armor in return for the promise of a Shield spell from the wand once trouble starts. Duration on Shield is only one minute, so it doesn't help to cast it ahead of time.[/SBLOCK]

Redclaw

First Post
When ye all're done making yerselfs harder ta hit, mightn't we be headin' in ta yonder ruin? I'm itchin' fer some action, and ready to give Bargle a sermon he'll not soon ferget, Thieren growls, adjusting his shield and warhammer.

Zurai

First Post
While the rest of the party discusses protection, Corby sets off to get a closer look at the old castle. "I'll be back in a tick; you lot sit here an' look pretty." He circles the castle quickly, not trying to be especially stealthy unless he notices movement from within, then returns to the party to report any noteworthy findings.

The halfling ducks off into the underbrush to take a quick look around. The walls of the castle look to be around 50 feet high, 160 feet wide and 120 feet deep, and butt up against the canyon walls. Peeking through the large hole in the outer wall to the left of the front gate, Corby can see a courtyard strewn with rubble and large pieces of masonry from the central keep. No other easy way in seems to be apparent, although due to the poor condition of the outer walls, climbing them would not be terribly difficult.

The keep within looks to be in the same shape as the outer wall. The second story has completely collapsed into the first. The only thing in decent shape are the front double doors, although without going into the courtyard for a closer look it is hard to say for sure.

Despite studying all three sides of the keep, and going to within 50 feet of the walls, Corby does not seem to see any inhabitants.

On his way back to the rest of the group, the halfling notices numerous tracks made in the soft earth. They seem to follow a path which connects the castle to an old logging road which he hadn't noticed before, and seem to indicate that a cart and numerous humanoids passed through recently.

The Rolling Man

First Post
Lanandro, Varisian Sorcerer

"Humanoids, you said ? Well, it's their own foulish mistake if they side with Bargle. They aren't gonna stop us from getting our revenge. Let's just move in, we'll deal with whatever horrors Bargle has conjured up to protect himself." Once everyone is ready to move on, Lanandro will conjure a protective enchantment on both himself and Terry. After a few complicated hand movement and whispered words, a light breeze envelops them both. Lanandro is used to it by now but, for Terry, the sensation of having a thin layer of protective wind all around himself is slightly disturbing.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Just having fun describing Lanandro's Mage Armor. The duration is 3 hours for both. Spell left 1st 4 / 6.[/SBLOCK]

Studying the tracks momentarily, Zak discovers that they go in both directions (both in and out) and were made primarily by over a hundred kobold feet, with a few human-looking tracks thrown in. How many individuals this represents is hard to say, as some of the tracks are a few days old and many creatures could have gone back and forth.

Remove ads