• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kill, Make Whoopie With, or Marry? 2e. 3.x, and 4e

Betote

First Post
Kill: no one. every D&D edition is awesome! ;)

Marry: 3.x/Pathfinder. She's the one who gets along best with my friends, and that's important when you're planning such a long-term relationship.

Nasty, sweaty, one-nighters with anyone that comes up in my way. I'm a gamenizer and just can't say "no" to a pretty die :p

Defender_X

Explorer
With my luck, I'd get stuck in a harm anime with all three, plus RC and Pathfinder to make life more interesting. Hmm... might be fun, but still have to kill the director anyway. ;)

2e is like experimenting as a teen

3e I became serious

3.5 I married

4.0 is like watching skin movies...... gives you ideas for 3.5 use.

Kill: 2e. It would probably be a payed assassination, because I don't know her personally and I am not interested. But hey, maybe I needed the money?

Make Whoopie: I had a lot of fun with 3.x, and considered marriage (or was I married and then divorced?), but it turns out we had certain disagreements that made it untenable over time.
Also, Iron Heroes.

Marry: 4E. I can't rule out the possibility of divorce in the end - my previous experiences warn me - but I am very happy with her. The nights with her are fantastic, and she still gives me room for other friends and hobbies.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
:confused: Please tell me you're joking.

See my sig-line. ;)

Since we're using bad metaphors, one could also say, "C&C comes in like gangsters, kills all the other editions, and takes their stuff."

Or how about, "I spurn all your editions and play the one true game!"

Or howzabout True20 saying, "How you doin'?" ;)

Ouch. That brought back some bad memories of those 'awkward' years... it's a good thing we get over those.

Uh.... *whistles* :D

timbannock

Hero
Supporter
Make Whoopie With 2e, because sometimes its good to go back and revisit old flames just for nostalgia's sake.

I have never found it good to revisit old flames for any sake, whether it was personal experience or watching someone else make that mistake.

YMMV.

Anyway, make whoopie with 4e, because it has rekindled my interest in running the game.

Marry 3.5 because it's like a real wife: I cannot escape it without giving up half the things I own and messing up half of my friendships.

Kill 2e because I'm soooooo over it. It served me well when I was younger, but ultimately I never realized just how much it lied to me about how fun and innovative it was until we were over. Betch.

Ginnel

Explorer
Homebrew between them all?

Using 2nd Ed settings
3.5 magic items and spells for magic items
and 4th editions rule set

I'm confused with the analogy I can't make my mind up whether this would make it a 4 in a bed romp, a polygamist, or maybe a swinger? who knows? :D
and who cares!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads