• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Killing Trolls

MerakSpielman

First Post
Ferret said:
What I'd like to know is if dumping it on a not flaming but still hot campfire after it's knocked out would kill it? Thats what my players did, and I ruled it would because otherwise it would eventually kill them, them being 2nd level and not having any other way to kill it.
To streamline things, I assume that once all the trolls in a given encounter are rendered unconscious, the players will find a way to toast them. So I just hand-wave it and move on.

diaglo

Adventurer
MerakSpielman said:
You seem to be assuming that most people don't have you on their Ignore lists, amigo. ;)

:D

Oops you're right. thanks for adding it then. heck this is a thread about trolls. what would it due to not have the biggest d02 troll posting.

my hat for d02 knows no limits.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Ferret said:
What I'd like to know is if dumping it on a not flaming but still hot campfire after it's knocked out would kill it? Thats what my players did, and I ruled it would because otherwise it would eventually kill them, them being 2nd level and not having any other way to kill it.
I kinda figure it would: I figure you ought to be very generous in this case, because spending hours trying to keep a troll down just isn't very interesting, fun, or heroic, IMO. Let the players come up with a halfway decent plan, and let it work, and move on with the adventure.

Sez I, anyway.

Daniel

Pielorinho said:
On a boat? Why didn't you drown the sonofagun?

Daniel

Aquatic Troll, of course. What else?

Huge green scaly thing with claws, fangs, huge bat wings, and gills. Frankly, we were GLAD it was only a half-fiend troll barbarian.

ArcOfCorinth

First Post
Savage Wombat said:
Aquatic Troll, of course. What else?

Huge green scaly thing with claws, fangs, huge bat wings, and gills. Frankly, we were GLAD it was only a half-fiend troll barbarian.

I may be wrong, but don't scrags only regenerate if they're half-submerged in water? All you had to do was tie it up on deck and then chop its head off.

ArcOfCorinth said:
I may be wrong, but don't scrags only regenerate if they're half-submerged in water? All you had to do was tie it up on deck and then chop its head off.

I thought that was only in previous editions - but I couldn't check, because I don't approve of referencing the MM as a player unless my character has the appropriate skill.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads