Kingdoms of Kalamar

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I'm just kidding my Scribe. As for my closet affection, you must misread me. I believe Kalamar is well rounded, but for me, rather flat. (These are just my opinions folks.) In any case San, do what you gotta do. :)

Sanackranib

First Post
Kalamar

its not a matter of prefering kalamar to SL, I haven't even played it though I almost have gotten into it several times over the past few years . . . SL is still my preference and the only setting I currently run :) but as a player its problematic to insist the DM run a game he doesn't have the books for - and mine don't leave with anybody but me.

As for this buttkicking . . . whatcha got? bring it on! Morgantown is FAR from LA! :rolleyes: LOL

all jesting aside I am looking forward to it. from what I have heard the setting seems well planed. ;)

redroxannuk

First Post
Bards

There is in fact one religion that lends itself very well to Bards, the Theatre of the Arts, who worship Raconteur. Temples to Raconteur often have different performances going on at all hours. So rather than a 'bard school', you'd probably learn at the Theatre of the Arts where not only clerics but bards and rogues hang out.

Sanackranib

First Post
kalamar

I believe my human race is the one with the "gypsy flavor"
from the quick look I got at the map it looks as if we are starting in the middle. word from our DM is that there will be some ship travel involved.

Darklone

And the hordes of KoKers are unleashes upon another unknowing Kalamarian virgin... ;)

In the middle sounds like the Kalamaran Empire. Think of it as some kind of Roman Empire without downfall in Renaissance times... ;)

Outlaw

First Post
Re: kalamar

Sanackranib said:
I believe my human race is the one with the "gypsy flavor"
from the quick look I got at the map it looks as if we are starting in the middle. word from our DM is that there will be some ship travel involved.

Starting in the middle, eh? Sounds like Kalamar and the Young Kingdoms. Expect books on both these regions in the coming years (also, if your DM needs an infusion of Young Kingdoms material for some plot ideas, tell him to check out the Living Kingdoms of Kalamar. We play in Pekal and offer quite a bit of flavor for Pekal and its surroundings).

Reprisal

First Post
Kenzer Forums

Here's a LINK to the Kenzer & Co. Kingdoms of Kalamar forums. They're a real help -- especially the Story Hours if you're looking for a place to get a feel for the setting.

Scarogoth

What do other people have?
Re: kalamar

Sanackranib said:
I believe my human race is the one with the "gypsy flavor" from the quick look I got at the map it looks as if we are starting in the middle. word from our DM is that there will be some ship travel involved.
By 'gypsy' flavour, I'm guessing that that means you'll be a human from the Reanaarian Bay area -- they certainly are the most light-hearted of the races, and probably like to enjoy themselves the most. They are also the human race that is most integrated with the other non-human inhabitants. Certainly their 'country' extends the greatest distance of all, considerably through both hemispheres. Fortunately, coming from a "bay" area, there are the most likely to be seafarers, so perhaps that will help you overcome any seasickness in the first part of your adventure!

Hope you have a fun time. Any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask -- there's a whole bunch of fan(atic)s just queuing up to ... um... help you?

Remove ads