Kingmaker Adventure Path

Retreater

Legend
Is that finally out? I was in the kickstarter and haven't had any news of it in ages!
I don't think that was what was being referenced.
There was a PF1-era 3rd party book called "Book of the River Nations" (Jon Brazer Enterprises) that expanded the nation-building rules. That might be what was being talked about.
To my knowledge there is still nothing from the Kickstarter update.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
From what I've heard from Reddit, the Pathfinder 2 version that was Kickstarted is due for a September release. At least that was the latest info I've seen.

Starfox

Hero
I thought I had ordered it on Kickstarter, but now it seems I never did. :( I do hope they sell the PDF version separately - I find I read those more than the book version. But then I just got myself new glasses...

How much 5E adaption is there? I have a Kingamker campaign on hold waiting for this. We were running it with homebrew rules, and I am considering if I should reboot it with 5E or my homebrew.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Tons of setting monsters are given 5e stats in the 5e Bestiary, as are NPCs - both enemy and companion. Traps and haunts are also adapted. Otherwise, there are a few general notes about running Kingmaker in 5e. I think really extensive notes would have required a tome nearly as fat as the adventure itself. And the hardcover AP IS fat. A number of things, particularly at the start, have been added/adapted from the Kingmaker computer game that weren't in the original AP.

And, by the way, not actually Kickstarter. The crowdfunding platform was GameOnTabletop.
Interesting that on Paizo.com, the materials are now available for preorder - and not expected for another month. I guess they're making sure they've got the GameOnTabletop shipping all finished up before they start fulfilling other orders? My guess is they'll also sell PDFs separately - that would fit their MO.

Starfox

Hero
Finding the pre-orders at Paizo.com, they say this: "Note: You purchased this product Apr 3, 2016." Seems I DID buy it. And they kept track of it too, when I did not. :)

Remove ads