• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kingmaker max ending level

Darnizhaan

First Post
Just about to start Kingmaker as a player. I was wondering what the max usable and ending level was in the AP? Thinking of doing a PRC. Thanks.

Derfmancher

First Post
Do you happen to have a break down of "suggested" level for each of the books/individual adventures. I am particularly interested in when each level might occur within the AP. For instance with a slow progression I would think most of the party would be level 2 by the end of their second hex exploration.

Nebten

First Post
At Medium progression of 4 PCs, is is suggested that the players will be at level 17 by the end of the last module.

For the questions you are asking, I would ask the DM. That way he can give you that information if he feels you should have it.

But I will say you will not be at level 2 by your second hex.

Derfmancher

First Post
@Nebten I AM the DM, and we are actually starting it this Thursday if the plan goes well. I think I like the idea of the second hex causing level 2, and maybe level 3 after 5-8 more hex. The are supposed to be ~4 when the first module is done.

Yes we will be leveling as a group. We have had some issues with level differences in our last series, so I am doing this to fix it.

Kaisoku

First Post
If you are starting your PrC as early as you can (usually 6th or so), then you should be able to expect having the final end cap abilities of the class by the end game.

There's a big caveat though. If your character build really doesn't kick in until 10th+ level, then you'll end up playing through most of the game "waiting for your character concept to kick in", which is not really that fun.

Kingmaker is especially good for giving a lot of hooks for further adventuring after the APs are done though, so it can be a great kickstarter to high level gameplay if the DM is up to making his own stuff.

I'd even go so far as to say that it's a greater primer for an Epic game, you end up with a Kingdom, after all.

Remove ads