Kittens. And names for same...

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
You mean "Kittens of Mass Distraction".

Yes. The Kitten Vortex (aside from being a decent band name) would probably be forbidden by several international treaties, if we were to use its powers for Evil.

Our initial thoughts on their personalities seem to be holding. This morning we used a basic baby-gate to keep the furballs on the ground floor of the house for their morning romp. Orange Dude figured out how to get around it about 45 seconds after he realized it was in his way. He thus invented the new game, "Make Mommy and Daddy Run Upstairs After Me!" He apparently likes this game a great deal. So, getting out of the house this morning took a little longer than expected. I was half hoping someone would ask, "Dude, why are you late today?" to which I could just answer, "Because, kittens!" and be done with it.

Elder Statescat is still not amused. But he is... less unamused. He hisses and moans less, which after only a day is actually a pretty good sign. And, to his credit, he has never made a single physically aggressive move towards the kittens. He's grumpy, but he still comes and sleeps on my wife's pillow at night, so he's not blaming us too much. And, in th eong run, we expect that they will be good for him, as he was showing some signs that he was getting lonely during the day wen we were at work.

Things may improve a bit if the kittens become a little less... stinky. Almost all kittens end up with a round of intestinal parasites, and the shelter seems to have given a "de-wormer" that covers a few of the most common problems, but leaves several untouched. The kittens, therefore, get to spend a day with their Mommy at work, where a sample can be taken and examined, and maybe new meds administered.

Remove ads