Average Weight: 160-220 lb.

Ability Scores: +2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Low-light Normal?

Languages: Common, one other
Skill Bonuses: +2 Intimidate, +2 Religion
Bones of Iron: +1 to Fortitude defense.

I'm still casting about for other abilities. Razor storm should work much like Dragon Breath, except expanded:

Razor Storm Bladeling Racial Power
Daily
Standard Action Close blast 5
Targets: All creatures in area
Attack: Constitution +2 vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d6 + Constitution modifier damage.
Increase to +4 bonus and 3d6 + Constitution modifier damage at 11th level, and to +6 bonus and 4d6 + Constitution modifier damage at 21st level.
Effect: Using this power deals you damage equal to your level.

Ginnel

Explorer
For the Modron

I think the +2 attack bonus gained from calculating is a tad overpowered compare it to combat reflexes +1 on OA's, i don't see giving up a move for a +2 bonus to be that balanced myself especially as it overshadows the prime shot class feature instead of needing to move into position for +1 you stand still for +2, same with the relentless attack maybe bump that one up to Paragon tier.

Also you'll want the bonuses to be feat bonuses so they don't stack with everything or maybe even racial if your being generous, make sure you name the type of bonus for the majority of these powers unamed bonuses are rare I think.

I like the idea of enchant item ritual resizing armor for the modrons and I love the racial encounter power you've done, the flying shifting thing is also groovy though I'd probably put in a description or rule that its only 1ft off the ground while flying and must land after the shift.

Not 100% sure about the racial bonus to history, could it be changed to endurance?

Anywho's good work :)

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Uploading the revised files now!

I think the +2 attack bonus gained from calculating is a tad overpowered compare it to combat reflexes +1 on OA's, i don't see giving up a move for a +2 bonus to be that balanced myself especially as it overshadows the prime shot class feature instead of needing to move into position for +1 you stand still for +2, same with the relentless attack maybe bump that one up to Paragon tier.

I'm going to have to mostly disagree with that. :) It doesn't overshadow prime shot, because prime shot does something kind of totally different (it encourages "scouting," and is meant to become useless by the time the defenders have caught up), and you are giving up half your turn to get a +2 bonus. By Paragon tier, you'll probably have much more effective things to do with your move action than get a +2 bonus to a single attack roll. The same is largely true of Relentless Attack -- because it will often be a feat you want to use, but clever enemies will try to stop you from using, it isn't the most reliable +2 in the basket. Compared with another heroic-tier racial feat (like Dragonborn Frenzy) it actually might be a little underpowered, because of its highly situational nature.

Also you'll want the bonuses to be feat bonuses so they don't stack with everything or maybe even racial if your being generous, make sure you name the type of bonus for the majority of these powers unamed bonuses are rare I think.

No, they were meant to be feat bonuses, since feats grant them. :) I'll add the word.

Not 100% sure about the racial bonus to history, could it be changed to endurance?

Could be, but History, I think, better represents their curiosity and their ordered directory of information, so I think I'll keep it as History.

Stormtalon

First Post
I am soooo gonna have to check out the Bariaur when I get home -- one of the most fun (and deranged) characters I ever played was one.

Tadduk (aka: Theodore Edward Ursus, Esquire) shall live again!

He'd suffered a massive knock on the head upon being ejected to the Prime and came to believe that he was merely a mount, while a toy teddy bear (which he kept in a saddle on his back) was the real hero. Add in the fact that his delusion was strong enough to make the bear move and talk for him, and you have a barkeeper's worst nightmare....

This makes me a happy, happy person indeed.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
GITHYANKI!

That marks the end of my major race project.

From here, I'm heading to Faction Land. The fundamental way I'll be handling factions is by tapping into "Knowledge is Power." By belonging to a Faction, you get to choose alternate powers (regardless of your class) as you level up. You also get Faction-exclusive feats and Faction-exclusive Paragon Paths and Faction-exclusive Epic Destinies. You only get these by belonging to a faction. You don't HAVE to belong to a faction (sticking with your core-only feats), and even if you join a faction, you don't HAVE to take a power (most of the mundane NPC's don't!), but you get some extra options, and that's always fun. :)

Remove ads