Knave 2 from Ben of Questing Beast. Update: Backerkit store is open.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
At this moment, pledging for this a little too rich for my blood -- it's been an expensive six weeks in my household -- but the patron and alchemy systems are so compelling, I'm sure I will be getting this when it's released later this year, as systems to add to Shadowdark, much as I use the dungeon generation system from Grizzled Adventurers.

At this moment, pledging for this a little too rich for my blood -- it's been an expensive six weeks in my household -- but the patron and alchemy systems are so compelling, I'm sure I will be getting this when it's released later this year, as systems to add to Shadowdark, much as I use the dungeon generation system from Grizzled Adventurers.
I debated backing this and ultimately decided to. I want to find an OSR game to play on the side (PF2e being my weekly game) and this sounds interesting to me. I'll give it a go when the book ships and probably alternate between this and OSE for short campaigns.

Greggy C

Hero
Well it is not going to hit $1,000,000 USD after all but over 600k is respectable. Probably cost a lot to get to the end of the kickstarter though.
I think the bizarrely expensive shipping costs to get things to Europe reduced sales a lot. I had the same issue with DriveThruRPG, shipping is just f****** expensive, especially when you consider that Amazon delivers everything for free. Personally I just buy everything on eBay because its cheaper.

The other thing I felt was a little off was that his "Premium" book was a plain cover. Personally I have spent a fortune over the pandemic on TTRPGs, and 100% everything is all about the art (and nostalgia). If the premium book had an incredible art piece I feel it would have done much better.

darjr

I crit!
Well it is not going to hit $1,000,000 USD after all but over 600k is respectable. Probably cost a lot to get to the end of the kickstarter though.
I think the bizarrely expensive shipping costs to get things to Europe reduced sales a lot. I had the same issue with DriveThruRPG, shipping is just f****** expensive, especially when you consider that Amazon delivers everything for free. Personally I just buy everything on eBay because its cheaper.

The other thing I felt was a little off was that his "Premium" book was a plain cover. Personally I have spent a fortune over the pandemic on TTRPGs, and 100% everything is all about the art (and nostalgia). If the premium book had an incredible art piece I feel it would have done much better.
Could be.

It’s a fabulous amazing result.

I think coming after Shadowdark and during TOV didn’t help either.

Though he’s said he didn’t think it would get anywhere like this.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Different strokes for different folks. I find the premium book, which I believe is also clothbound, is gorgeous, while the Peter Mullen cover is just another (fine) DCC-style piece from him, if a little less gonzo.

If I were buying a hard copy edition, it would definitely be the premium cover. (And I feel the same about the "plain" dark blue premium cover for the new edition of Swords & Wizardry.)

Remove ads