• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Knightmares of Khorvaire

Månestråle

First Post
Zook

No good salad on me today “lamb stew and a glass of red wine please” Zook looks how the others orders their food.
“aura of evil?” does Zook whisper when he hears the Paladin speak. Zook sees toward Erreaminin
sense motive Roll(1d20)+2(race)+6(skill):19,+2+6 Total:27

“Let us wait for the food and test it, I got some scrolls for that purpose” Zook takes hi backpack from the floor and finds the right scroll, trying to do it unseen Sleight of Hand Roll(1d20)+5:9,+5 Total:14
“I cannot use them myself” “Lyren you can use scrolls right?”
does he whisper to the Half-Elf. Zook hands Lyren a scroll of detect poison.“I got two more“ He whispers to the party “We should first test the food of Koralled, I assume that he is the biggest treat in this party“ “and the first to be taken down“

Sorry I did not notice that I was on my girlfrinds acount. :confused:

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Lyran's remark about a look-out running up the stairs puts Tyler D'Orien on alert. He'd ordinarily suspect that the look-out might be to let his House fellow know that he and the group had arrived, but after what happens next, he isn't so sure.

Tyler's alert status is doubly raised when he sees Sir Kolarred stare at the elven waiter intently with a piercing gaze. Having seen that look before (most recently at the upstairs door of the waystation before finding the zombie), he slowly moves his hand to the handle of his sharresh. He and Lyran also note that Zook has silently moved to his backpack and has begun rummaging around in it. With a sing-songy voice, Lynx once against requests the name of the young elf... and the party all sees him go a bit cross-eyed before seemingly coming out of it, and he gives a huge smile to the Shifter.

((Will Save [8] + 0 = 8 / DC 13))

'My name is Erreaminin, my friend! I am at your service! How may I help you? What is your name?'

Lynx nods to the rest of the group, and almost immediately they break into action. Zook hands the scroll of Detect Poison and hands it to Lyran. Kolarred pours the wine he took back into the jug, and upon casting of the spell, the cleric finds that indeed, the wine has been poisoned. All during this, the elf just smiles and doesn't react at all to his treachery being discovered.

Suddenly, through the doors to the front of the building, five individuals stride into the room! The party sees a woman dressed in high quality finery, a young human male dressed in the finest darkweave, a black haired shifter looking very intently, a LARGE gnoll wielding a battleaxe , and the gnome that Lyran recognized on the stairs coming in.

Zweischneid

First Post
'My name is Erreaminin, my friend! I am at your service! How may I help you? What is your name?'

'My name is Lynx of course..' the Shifter responds, his voice returing to the Wizards moreregular pitch. Barely looking at the bewitched waiter, Lynx grows even more quietwhen the poison is discovered.

Pale with suppressed anger, the Shifter questions Erreaminin further with an only badly disguised growl.
'But tell my friend.. I doubt a disguise is really necessary among friends, dont you think?'

Suddenly, through the doors to the front of the building, five individuals stride into the room! The party sees a woman dressed in high quality finery, a young human male dressed in the finest darkweave, a black haired shifter looking very intently, a LARGE gnoll wielding a battleaxe, and the gnome that Lyran recognized on the stairs coming in.

Whirling around at the entrance of the new group, Lynx calms seems ready to snap at the unfolding events. Nervously his claw-like fingers grate across the table.
'Do you know those people Erreaminin?'

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Lynx said:
'But tell me friend.. I doubt a disguise is really necessary among friends, don't you think?'

'Oh yes! You are absolutely right! My apologies!'

The young "elf" reaches up and pulls off the points of his ears, then removes the wig from his head. A little bit of make-up removal from his face and he begins to look more human than elf-like. He drops the pieces of his disguise at his feet and smiles sweetly at Lynx.

Suddenly the doors open up and the other group of five individuals stride into the room.

Lynx said:
'Do you know those people Erreaminin?'

'Hmm? Oh no! I was told only to keep an eye out for your group and stop you any way I could. I do not know who these people are. They look violent if you ask me.'

Bobitron

Explorer
The gnoll's grip tightens on his axe when he sees Koralled's hand move slightly towards his sword. The bristly hair on his back starts to rise a bit, and his lips pull back in a snarl.

"This is a bad time for a fight, warrior.", he says in a rasp. He glances over to the young human wearing black, with indecision in his eyes. The gnoll appears to be confused. "I thought that these were to be our companions?"

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Lyran, alarmed by the large group of new-comers, and confused by the disguised waiter, touches his hand to his holy symbol and casts a spell.

((cast Magic Circle against Evil, centered on myself. 10 ft. radius from me, lasts 40 minutes))

"I suggest that someone explain what in the Flame's holy name is going on here."

Tomanta

First Post
Bobitron said:
"I thought that these were to be our companions?"

"They do seem a might jumpy," Tomanta agreed. He rested his hand casually on his sword. "Then again, we probably paint a pretty threatening picture. Marta," he turned towards his employer, "maybe you should introduce us before something unexpected occurs."

Zweischneid

First Post
Glancing back and forth between Erreaminin and the newly entered group, Lynx comes to the conclusion that they appearently do not work together (though small doubt still remains).

'We.. uh.. well.'
the Shifter stammers, trying to salvage the situation.

'We we're indeed waiting on a friend from House D'Orien when my other friend here spiced up our wine with some ... what kinda substance did you use anyways Erreaminin? If I may ask?'
While Lynx remains cordial with Erreaminin, his hissing and spitting cat familiar reveals his true disposition of the pair towards the waiter, even though Cariosa keeps well to the other side of the room.

Turning his attention back to the group, Lynx motions them to come closer
'So.. uh, maybe you'd like to sit down? ... I'd recommend to not partake of the meal though if I were you.'

Last edited:

Remove ads