Knights of the Old Republic - OCC

Karl Green

First Post
Rhun said:
As much as I would like to play, I don't have the Saga Edition yet, and probably won't pick it up for some time. Have fun with the game, though! It sounds great.

NOTE that Saga is pretty easy system and if you want I don't mind helping you make a character AND explaining eveyrthing you can do... no biggie though :)

Caros

First Post
I'd like to get in on this If I can manage. Going to fiddle with the new book for a day or two then work on a charachter.

Hope that won't take too long?

Karl Green

First Post
Caros said:
I'd like to get in on this If I can manage. Going to fiddle with the new book for a day or two then work on a charachter.

Hope that won't take too long?

Cool... yea the system is pretty easy and straightforward... once you get the basics it is not hard at all to make up characters. I made up 7 or 8 Jedi the other day in 3 hours, one of them 16th level...

drothgery

First Post
Here's an idea...

Serrana Vao

Medium Female Twi'lek Scoundrel 5/Jedi 1, CL6
Destiny 1; Force Points 11; force boon feat
Init +11; Perception +2; Force Perception +12; Use the Force: +12 low-light vision
Languages Basic, Ryl, Binary, Huttese
–––––––––––––––––––––––––
Defense Reflex: 21 (flat-footed 18); Fortitude: 19; Will: 16;
Hit Points: 48 Threshold: 19
Speed 6 squares
Base Attack Bonus +4, Grp +4
Melee Lightsaber +8 (2d8+3) weapon finesse; Serrana has built her own lightsaber
Ranged sporting blaster pistol (accurate weapon) +7 (3d4+3) or
Ranged sporting blaster pistol (accurate weapon) +7 (4d4+3) aim/deadeye
Atk Options
Special Abilities point blank shot
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +12): none
Force Secrets: none
Force Techniques: none
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 18
Talents:
damage reduction 10, force perception, fool's luck, spacehound
Feats: deadeye, force boon, force sensitive(free), point blank shot, precise shot, skill focus (pilot), weapon finesse, weapon proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, simple weapons), vehicular combat
Skills: initiative +11, mechanics +10, persuasion +12, pilot +16, use computer +10, use the force +12; can reroll deception checks
Possessions:
Clothes, knife, sporting blaster pistol, targetting scope, comlink, datapad, flight suit, utility belt, 2 X hip holster (pistol, lightsaber), 10 credits
Experience 10,000
Height 1.5m, Weight 45kg
Accessories
T3-A17 T3-series Astromech Droid (could possibly be a PC?)
highly modified space transport with a dubious title (may very well be stolen, though Serrana didn't do the stealing; Nomi may have disposed of this)
Background
Serrana has had a lot of luck packed into the scant sixteen years of the Twi'lek's life to date. Not all of it was good. Certainly it was bad luck that a well armed and dissatisfied customer caught up with her parents -- it seemed like they wanted her father to try and make an illegal delivery while a customs squad was still there on Nar Shadaa; it was good luck that she was in the cockpit when they were killed, and so flew off with their transport using the skills she'd learned at her mother's knee (both of her parents being quite successful smugglers up to that point). If any creditors wanted the ship, well, they never asked her about it. Though this might be because she never checked her parents mail, and kept to the outer rim. Sure that smuggling had done her parents in, she stuck to transporting passengers discretely in the outer rim, where they didn't bother with pesky things like 'commercial spacers licenses' or 'transport union membership cards' or 'starship registrations'.

And after surviving for nearly a year doing that -- and there were more than a few close calls -- her passengers were a Jedi knight and some of her padawan learners. Who didn't realize until after they'd left orbit that they'd hired a fourteen-year-old Twi'lek girl as their transportation. But the Jedi did very quickly realize that Serrana was force sensitive herself -- which probably had a lot to do with why she hadn't been killed.

In the last few years she's learned from Nomi Sunrider how to master her innate gifts with the Force, and applied her mechanical talent to constructing the Jedi's traditional lightsaber -- though, truly told, if fighting started, she still preferred a blaster in her hand, or better yet, her hands on the controls of a starship.

Despite losing her parents a few years ago and growing up a smuggler's daughter, she's friendly, cheerful, and possibly just a bit naive. She tends to walk into situations and expect to be able to improvise her way through -- and it works for her (above average intelligence, high charisma, and the Force making up for low wisdom).

Last edited:

Brother Allard

First Post
I don't have the Saga edition yet, but I'll confess to being pretty interested in this game. I'll probably wind up picking it up in the next few weeks, though. If the offer you made to Rhun extends to everyone, I might just take you up on it.

Shalimar

First Post
Jade Shesh

Medium Female Human, Noble 4/ Jedi 2 CL6
Destiny 1; Force Points 11 Force Boon
Init +11; Perception +10; Use the Force: +16
Languages Linguist: Basic, Huttesse, Ithorian, Durese, Kel Dor, Kuati
Defense Reflex: 20 (flat-footed 17); Fortitude: 17; Will: 20; Deflect
Hit Points: 44 Threshold: 17
notes on Immunities and special resistances
Speed 6 squares
Base Attack Bonus +5, Grapple +3
Melee Light Saber +8 (2D8 + 2)
Melee Light Saber +6 (3D8 + 2) Rapid Strike
Ranged any ranged weapon attack and notes
Attack Options
Battle Strike, Weapon Finesse, Rapid Strike
Special Abilities Deflect, Equilibrium
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +16): Battle Strike, Force Disarm, Force Slam, Mind Trick, Move Object, Surge
Force Secrets: none
Force Techniques: none
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 16
Talents: Wealth (Noble 1), Equilibrium (Noble 3), Deflect (Jedi 1),
Feats: Weapon Proficiency (Light Sabers, Pistols, Simple Weapons), Force Sensitive(Free), Linguist(Free), Force Boon (1st level), Skill Emphasis: Persuasion (Human), Skill Emphasis: Use The Force (Noble 2), Force Training (3rd Level), Weapon Finesse (Noble 4), Rapid Strike (Jedi 2), Force Training (6th level)
Skills:
Deception +11, Gather Information +11, Initiative +11, Know. Galactic Lore +11, Perception +10, Persuasion +16, Pilot +11, Use Computer +10, Use The Force +16

Possessions: Light Saber, Wardrobe, 4800 credits, The Star Jewel (Starwind Class Yacht) [90000/150000]
Experience 10,000
Height 1.55m, Weight 44kg

Background: Jade is a scion of the Shesh family of Kuat. One of the 10 founding families of Kuat, the Shesh and the other families built the massive world encircling space station known as the Kuat Drive Yards. KDY, the source of the majority of the Galaxy's starships, created almost unlimited wealth and power for the world, especially the noble families. A founding member and one of the most influential of the Republic the noble families have developed a somewhat singular culture.

Jade has lived a life of leisure, jetting off to Coruscant for the latest gallery opening, or wherever her fancies took her so long as she understood that when the time came she would return Kuat and purchase a Telbun to father her child. It was on one of her many vacations that she met Nomi Sunrider, the woman who would become her teacher in the ways of the force. Initially she was drawn to the power control of the force would give her, but slowly the spoiled princess lost her rough edges through the training. She would always be haughty and enamored of luxury, but she did have a sense of noblisse oblige, and the respect accorded to Jedi certainly didn’t hurt.

As a noble with the wealth talent who's family owns a Shipyard I was hoping for a KDY ship, a Starwind class pleasure yacht. I'd put the money from the wealthy feat into it, at 6th level she'd have around 80,000 credits to spend, and another 15k at 7th Level. Its pretty much the Millenium Falcon of its day, shields, a pair of Quad Laser turrets, and a fast hyperdrive.

Attachments

• 250px-Starwindyacht.jpg
    250px-Starwindyacht.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Brother Allard said:
I don't have the Saga edition yet, but I'll confess to being pretty interested in this game. I'll probably wind up picking it up in the next few weeks, though. If the offer you made to Rhun extends to everyone, I might just take you up on it.

Sure... give me a basic idea and I can certainly help. You should be able to do your Attributes if you want as it is the standard point buy. The classes are pretty simple to 1st and the Revised (more or less but with Talent Trees). Give me some ideas and we can work it out.

Karl Green

First Post
Shalimar said:
Jade Shesh

As a noble with the wealth talent who's family owns a Shipyard I was hoping for a KDY ship, a Starwind class pleasure yacht. I'd put the money from the wealthy feat into it, at 6th level she'd have around 80,000 credits to spend, and another 15k at 7th Level. Its pretty much the Millenium Falcon of its day, shields, a pair of Quad Laser turrets, and a fast hyperdrive.

Yea that would be cool, you can assume that it has the basic stats of the Corellian YT-1300 transport in the book (maybe purchased not completely used) with biggest difference would be that a standard Hyperdrive is x7 with the backup at x15, and about 1/2 the Cargo and Consumables lengths (looking of wookiepidia most of them are in weeks also).

With your extra cash you get a shield rating of say 20, have the two Quad Laser turrents, Increase the Fly speed to 14 squares (max. velocity 1200km/h), fly 4 (starship scale), and Hyperdrive down to x4. Of course no hard and fast runs in Saga about this so if you want we can up or down some of these.

Remove ads