• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kobold Badger-rider; Level 1 Elite Skirmisher

Torg Smith

First Post
I thought this might be a good outdoor encounter. Any thoughts for improvement welcome.

Kobold Badger-rider: Level 1 Elite Skirmisher
Medium Animal XP: 200

Initiative: +2 Senses Perception: +4; darkvision
HP: 70; Bloodied: 35
AC: 18; Fortitude: 17, Reflex: 17, Will: 13;
Speed: 8

M Spear (Standard; At-will) * Weapon
+8 vs. AC; 1d10+4 damage;
M Ride by Attack (Standard; at will)
+8 vs. AC; 1d6+4 damage;
The complete move will be from 2 to 8 squares in a straight line and it must move 2 squares before the attack. It does not need to stop to do the attack and can attack all creatures in its path. This power does not provoke an opportunity attack.
M Spear and claw (Standard; Recharge 5, and 6)
+8 vs. AC; 2d10+4 damage;
Saving throws: +2
Action Point: 1
Alignment: Chaotic Evil Languages: Common, Draconic
Skills: Perception +4, Stealth +4
STR: 20(+5) DEX: 14(+2) WIS: 10(0)
CON: 14(+2) INT: 6(-2) CHA: 12(+1)
Equipment: hide armor and spear on Kobold.
When the creature is defeated both the Kobold and Badger are killed. Each individual cannot be targeted.

Last edited:

evizaer

First Post
Shouldn't there be hyphen there? Badger-riding Kobold. Unless the badger is, in fact, riding the kobold. That would be a great encounter.

Torg Smith

First Post
evizaer said:
Shouldn't there be hyphen there? Badger-riding Kobold. Unless the badger is, in fact, riding the kobold. That would be a great encounter.

I do not know. I am a computer programmer not an English teacher. 8O

On Puget Sound

First Post
Ride-By attack in 3.5 triggered OAs from other foes but not from the creature you were attacking. Is this change intentional? Also, it's not "this attack" that triggers OAs, it should say "this movement".

Torg Smith

First Post
On Puget Sound said:
Ride-By attack in 3.5 triggered OAs from other foes but not from the creature you were attacking. Is this change intentional? Also, it's not "this attack" that triggers OAs, it should say "this movement".

I am not sure. I had the opportunity attack in there as I was concerned that players would have troubles combating this monster. (I’m still a few weeks out on my first 4th edition game) I have upped the HPs a bit, lowered the damage output to an individual. I have made the main attack a multi-target attack. I have removed the provoking and made it so that it no longer provokes and opportunity attack. The players can ready an attack if need be.

I have updated the original post to reflect the changes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads