[Kobold Press] Tales of the Valiant Game Master's Guide is Live!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Hey, @Marc Radle, I may have missed this on the campaign page, but does this have the pre-made magic items one would need to run a ToV game, or just the rules for making one's own? (Which are a great thing to have, to be clear, but sometimes, you just want to be able to grab a magic staff and go.)

Marc Radle

Legend
All the magic items you need to run the game are in the Tales of the Valiant Player's Guide!

As for magic item pieces in the GMG, it expands on what's in the Player's Guide with:
  • Rules for making and using sentient magic items and artifact magic items (the GMG also does include several ready-to-use examples of both)
  • The 'Homebrewer's Toolbox' chapter does include a section with extensive guidance on designing magic items from scratch!

Marc Radle

Legend
Woo hoo!

From Kickstarter:

784C89DE-0EF2-4255-9FBC-C932FD264FAC.gif

Kickstarter has selected Tales of the Valiant Game Master's Guide as a “Project We Love,” which is our way of highlighting brilliant examples of creativity.

Marc Radle

Legend
KICKSTARTER UPDATE #3
What a Deal!

Looking for some extra savings? Optimize your pledge with one of these bundles. (Or simply roll 1d2 to randomize your selection!)

a192d412f4ffca6d2e2edce1adaf4a08_original.png

4d1d30f1eb2eea52bc679b0b3a7a2957_original.png

The $99 and $139 pledge tiers offer the largest discounts and are only available for Kickstarter backers!
(This discount will not be available after the Kickstarter.)

Marc Radle

Legend

Release the Monster Templates!​

If there’s one thing we Kobolds love about our Kickstarters, it is releasing a fantastic preview and giving you something meaty to chomp on. Today, we’re cracking open the new Game Master’s Guide Preview PDF and showing you just how easy it is with the GMG to repurpose a provided monster template into something that fits in your games immediately!

We’re harnessing the power of the Game Master’s Guide to change virtually any monster into a new type of foe using monster templates. Visit our blog, and we’ll put on our necromancer’s robes to turn a merfolk from the Kobold Press Monster Vault into an undead, underwater terror!

418e810cefe12f6e36b4d07c5784b14c_original.png

Meech17

Adventurer
How big are the maps in the map folio? Are these all just like 8.5x11 or are they fold out maps? I'm debating on springing for the physical but I'm not entirely sure what I'd be springing for

Marc Radle

Legend
How big are the maps in the map folio? Are these all just like 8.5x11 or are they fold out maps? I'm debating on springing for the physical but I'm not entirely sure what I'd be springing for

Hey there!
No, these are big, beautiful 24" x 36" fold out maps!

There will be a KS Update this week that goes into lots more detail, but they will be very similar to the popular battle maps we did for Campaign Builder: Cities & Towns, Campaign Builder: Castles & Crowns, Scarlet Citadel, etc.

Remove ads