Kobold Wyrmpriest and Kobold Minions

frankthedm

First Post
hong said:
This is probably the reason why kobold minions don't have hp: so that even after stuff like this, they'll still go down like minions are meant to. Going from 1 to 6 hp is a HUGE jump, which is what would happen if they had hp like other monsters.
I do believe a wotc source mentioned that the kobold minion was being changed to have HP because of the issues mentioned in this thread.

Vaeron

Explorer
Minions actually do have hitpoints... Something like 1 per level + some unknown modifier. If you look at vampire spawn (the only other minion we can see) they are a 6th level monster with 10 hp. So "a minion dies when it takes damage" isn't actually an accurate description of what happens to minions, even though thats what's written in the stat block.

So yeah, the Wyrmpriest ability would include Kobold Minions.

Green Knight

First Post
frankthedm said:
I do believe a wotc source mentioned that the kobold minion was being changed to have HP because of the issues mentioned in this thread.

Got a link? Cause if so, nice. While writing down for Hit Points "If they get hit, they die" is pretty funny, it just needlessly makes things more complicated then just simply saying "Hit Points: 1". Unless the goal is for them to die in one hit, irregardless of the circumstances (like a Wyrmpriest boosting their HP).

Only if you want to do subdual damage.

Haven't you ever seen a man beaten to death with a sock full of rocks?

Attachments

• homey_the_clown.jpg
    homey_the_clown.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 164

I considered temporary hp to be a shield effect which makes sense since temp hp don't stack. My buffed minions survived both a flour fire bomb and a cleave which annoyed the players to no end.

ThirdWizard

First Post
hong said:
/beats ThirdWizard with a stick

Come on! Doesn't the image of one kobold minion gaining hit points, joining his buddies, bragging about how he's got hit points and they don't, then being the only one to die in a fireball make you all tingly inside? It makes me all fuzzy.

Green Knight said:
I don't have any sticks handy. Would a sock filled with rocks be an acceptable substitute?

Oranges plz.

Derren

Hero
ThirdWizard said:
Come on! Doesn't the image of one kobold minion gaining hit points, joining his buddies, bragging about how he's got hit points and they don't, then being the only one to die in a fireball make you all tingly inside? It makes me all fuzzy.

No, no, no. Fireballs are attacks in 4E so the minions would die. But they could walk through natural hazards like acid and maybe even lava and not die as, while it deals damage, it is not an attack. Also things like teh Pit Fiends aura which does automatic damage can't hurt minions.

Remove ads