• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Konfabulator is now FREE!

XCorvis

First Post
Great news! Yahoo bought Konfabulator and they're giving it away for free, starting immediately.

http://www.konfabulator.com/

Konfabulator is a widget program like the Mac Dashboard (it pre-dates Dashboard), but runs on Windows as well as Mac OS. There are also a few gaming utilites for it, like StatBlockPaster and some die rollers.

Zulithe

Explorer
I hope more D&D software developers will take advantage now :) since, now being free, it is a more viable platform to present their utilities. The Mac + Windows functionality in one is a big plus!

XCorvis

First Post
@Psionicist - Free but not open source, sadly. You can get at the source code of the widgets, tho. They're just renamed zip files and use XML and javascript.

@trancejeremy - A widget is just a mini-application. A similar example is the windows calculator. It's small, has a specific purpose and doesn't run in a window like a regular application. Konfabulator is a framework for making and running simple, single-purpose applications. Things like analog clocks, stock tickers, calculators, battery monitors, etc. Go to the Widget Gallery on the website and take a look at some of the ones available for download.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Ah! It no longer has that annoying 'Buy me now!' pop up that always seems to happen when I am typing something without looking at the screen. (Wasting entire paragraphs in the process.)

I found that so annoying that I had removed Konfabulator from my computer. (Advertising should make you want the product, not desire to throttle the programmers...)

The Auld Grump

Remove ads