• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Korgoth of Barbaria: So very wrong, so very fun.

Taelorn76

First Post
Shalimar said:
Cartoon Network bought the rights to air all 45 episodes of PeeWee's Playhouse at 11pm during their Adult Swim block. Sigh.
Yeah I saw a block for this the other night.
What the hell are they smoking over there

RolandOfGilead

First Post
I encourage everyone to write Adult Swim and request that this show get picked up. You can't go wrong with Gennedy. This was an awesome tribute and so reminded me of being an 8 year old and making my first human warrior. Woohoo!

I'll ask my friend again. He does work for a network that is funny. Maybe he was just pulling my leg, and he likes to create anger toward his employers.

Actually, that really does make sense for his personality. Hmm.

frankthedm

First Post
RangerWickett said:
I'll ask my friend again. He does work for a network that is funny. Maybe he was just pulling my leg, and he likes to create anger toward his employers.

Actually, that really does make sense for his personality. Hmm.
In his defence, I assume he said that BEFORE AS/ CN saw the Sunday ratings and maybe before even that Saturday ratings. Few in TV land argue with ratings.

Apparently it was cancelled for a week. They've agreed to let . . . Gennedy? I always heard my friend call him 'Gendy.' Anyway, he's going to storyboard two more episodes, and they'll see how it goes.

Chaldfont

First Post
Ok, I'd love to see this picked up. But I'll also be happy just to have seen the one episode.

I thought: this is like a show made by a bunch of D&D playing 8th graders after seeing Conan the Barbarian and Heavy Metal in one, Mountain Dew-fueled all nighter of gaming and watching movies. In other words--my misspent youth.

Even if they don't make more, it's worth it just for the quote:

HAIRY BALLS OF THE GODS!

Kunimatyu

First Post
Saw it. Loved it.

Though, it occurs to me -- I wonder how our OotS would work as a TV show? I doubt it'd be much more expensive than ATHF, and it could have some serious potential. Only thing that worries me is the focus on D&D 3.5, and whether that would have to go. And if it did, what woudl be the point?

KaosDevice

Explorer
My word.

I had to track this down after hearing the praise here and elsewhere. Boy did I not regret it. This cartoon is just pee pants funny. If they don't make any more it will be a tragic, tragic loss.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads