KotSf magic items...Forked Thread: A 4E magic item conundrum

the Jester

Legend
Well, notice that I did the comparison with the overall treasure value that should be given over the course of a level, not with parcels. I have a feeling you just skimmed my post and missed the meat of my analysis. I'm not saying they didn't give out proper parcels. I'm showing that they did not give out the amount of treasure that is supposed to be gained during those levels as written in the DMG. Are you saying that they're not going to pay attention to that? Because if they don't then there are going to be issues with game balance as I pointed out.

As long as the pcs have proper enhancement bonuses for their level to their defenses, attacks and damage, less treasure shouldn't unbalance anything in 4e. That's part of the point of the changes to the math.

I plan on running 4e by the RAW and guidelines AW until I have a solid handle on it. Then I'll prolly roll back the amount of treasure that pcs are getting severely.

Hussar

Legend
2000 gp at level 4 sounds like a lot, but, that's only 400 gp per character. That's no a huge imbalance. You can make that up pretty quickly to be honest.

And, remember, they should have those totals at some time during the level, not necessarily at the point where they "ding". I don't think we're talking huge imbalances here.

Remove ads