• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Koukonsögur - Saga of the Trollfed Aerie - OOC

Cor Azer

First Post
Question: Whereabouts in the Aerie are we going to start?

The first adventure will be starting in Kjuriyo, with everyone attending the funeral of the thegn of the last few decades (died of old age), and more or less the first official event of his son as the next thegn.

Pentius

First Post
Alright, here's what I have thus far. It needs work still, but feedback is welcomed.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Satoshi Okudaira, level 1
Deva, Invoker
Divine Covenant Option: Covenant of Malediction
Touched by an Angel (Perception class skill)
Theme: Knight Hospitaler
Languages: Common, Elven, Draconic

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 13, DEX 11, INT 18, WIS 18, CHA 10

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 13, DEX 11, INT 16, WIS 16, CHA 10

AC: 17 Fort: 12 Ref: 15 Will: 15
HP: 23 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
History +11, Insight +9, Perception +9, Religion +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics –1, Arcana +4, Athletics –2, Bluff +0, Diplomacy +0, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +0, Heal +4, Intimidate +0, Nature +4, Stealth –1, Streetwise +0, Thievery –1

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Knight Hospitaler Utility: Shield of Devotion
Deva Racial Power: Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Invoker Feature: Rebuke Undead
Invoker Feature: Maledictor's Doom
Invoker Attack 1: Hand of Radiance
Invoker Attack 1: Sun Strike
Invoker Attack 1: Whispers of Defeat
Invoker Attack 1: Silent Malediction

FEATS
Level 1: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Staff Expertise

ITEMS
Ritual Book
Staff Implement x1
Hide Armor x1
Adventurer's Kit
Residuum (20gp)

GOLD
30gp

RITUALS
Hand of Fate
Comrades' Succor
====== End ======

A few months ago, a Lunar Eclipse brought the people of Fryjjarwa an odd sort of gift. The shrine tender, Tergan, discovered a young man laying unconscious in front of the shine. Upon awakening, the young man knew nothing about where he was from or how he had come to be there. He only knew that he was to be an instrument of fate, the physical hand of the Moon Goddess, Sehanine.

After some deliberation, he took the name of Satoshi Okudaira. For the past few months, Satoshi has remained in Fryjjarwa, becoming accustomed to the town, its people, and the history of the Trollfed Aerie. When the news of the Thegn's death reached him, Satoshi decided to travel to Kjuriyo, to say a prayer at the Thegn's funeral, and also as an excuse to start seeing the Aerie at large.

Cor Azer

First Post
I just wanted to hastily throw in that this sounds very enticing and that I am interested. I will post probably later tonight giving better details about what I'd prefer, but I will give a basic run-down really quick.

I am pretty inexperienced with 4e and D&D in general, so my character concepts, mechanic-wise, are very basic and straightforward, I guess.

I've been playing a warlord, and now an archer-ranger, as well as a pacifist cleric. If I could, I would love to play either a massive half-orc defender, maybe a fighter. Either that, or some type of offensive spell-caster, like a wizard or sorcerer.

Welcome aboard!

Don't worry about inexperience; the game won't be so rushed that ypu can't ask for advice if you want.

Cor Azer

First Post
We have six players interested and a few concepts floating about.

We'll give a few more days to try to let ideas settle, stats to be made, and then we'll get started.

As usual, if I can be of any assistance, let me know.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Just too many good ideas floating around in my head...

So we have one controller so far, 2 probable strikers (blackguard, Hex/ax-blade), one possible leader (Taclord or Bard?), one possible defender or arcane caster- and me.

Is anyone thinking of taking the scout/skill monkey role? I have a couple of ideas that could work for that (either zen archer or ninja/entertainer)- and a couple of ideas to nail down the tank/melee defender role if that is what we need (Dwarf warden, human spear fighter, human swordmage). A little help?

Pentius

First Post
Well, I imagine if twilsemail goes Bard, he'll have the social skills under control. I'm looking to take the scholar niche, to some degree, but scouting-type skills seem up for grabs.

I'm gonna redo that background, though. I don't like the way Deva are supposed to just appear, fully-grown.

twilsemail

First Post
I'm leaning pretty heavily towards a Bard at this point, likely Valorous. Tiefling or Dragonborn seem the way to go (there are always too many Half-elves out there). Between those two I'm more likely to go with Tiefling, just so we don't double up on races.

Has anyone else narrowed down their choices?

ETA: I've no experience with Runepriests. Does anyone else here have anything good or ill to say about them? From what I can tell, they make decent secondary leaders, but we've only got the one (I think). This does seem like the setting to play one, if one were going to.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
I added my characters crunch to the second post of this thread.

In regards of Runepriest:
They do ok healing and quickly stack many different bonuses on the characters around them, but they suffer a bit from not having any splat book or DDI content for them.

Cor Azer

First Post
I added my characters crunch to the second post of this thread.

In regards of Runepriest:
They do ok healing and quickly stack many different bonuses on the characters around them, but they suffer a bit from not having any splat book or DDI content for them.

Walking Dad - is your character a half-elf or dragonborn? Parts of the crunch seem to indicate both.

And I agree about the runepriests - I love the idea of them, but they may feel limited due to lack of options compared to others.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads