[KS] Big Irish Kickstarter Roundup 112516

Folks straight up ask me to help promote their Kickstarters, and I really love helping folks get the word out, so that's what this is. I'm getting back into this; Kickstarter's become a huge part of how independent and small publishers do business and make a living (including myself), so any chance to get some extra eyeballs on a deserving project is a worthy endeavor. After all, you definitely want to know what's good out there, right?

Folks straight up ask me to help promote their Kickstarters, and I really love helping folks get the word out, so that's what this is. I'm getting back into this; Kickstarter's become a huge part of how independent and small publishers do business and make a living (including myself), so any chance to get some extra eyeballs on a deserving project is a worthy endeavor. After all, you definitely want to know what's good out there, right?

TALES FROM THE LOOP

Children and fans of the 80s will want to look into this one, inspired by some of the most engrossing and quirkiest stories of an oddly wonderful era.

Step into the alternate '80s universe created by scifi artist Simon Stålenhag in this retro RPG, in the vein of ET and Stranger Things.

In 1954, the Swedish government ordered the construction of the world’s largest particle accelerator. The facility was complete in 1969, located deep below the pastoral countryside of Mälaröarna. The local population called this marvel of technology The Loop.

Acclaimed scifi artist Simon Stålenhag’s paintings of Swedish 1980s suburbia, populated by fantastic machines and strange beasts, have spread like wildfire on the Internet. Stålenhag’s portrayal of a childhood against a backdrop of old Volvo cars and coveralls, combined with strange and mystical machines, creates a unique atmosphere that is both instantly recognizable and utterly alien.

Now, for the first time, YOU will get the chance to step into the amazing world of the Loop. With your help, we will be able to create a beautiful printed RPG book about the Tales from the Loop.

This game is our third international RPG, after the critically acclaimed Mutant: Year Zero and Coriolis - The Third Horizon. The lead writer is the seasoned Swedish game writer Nils Hintze, backed up by the entire Free League team who handle project management, editing, and graphic design.

All art in the game is of course done by Simon Stålenhag himself. Most of the art will be drawn from the pages of the Tales from the Loop artbook - many scenarios in the game are based directly on illustrations in the artbook - but the RPG will contain some new original art as well, including the cover image.

KOBOLD PRESS BESTIARY MINIATURES

Kobold Press creates some of the best d20-driven third party stuff there is, and now there's a line of miniatures (classic metals!) connected to the worlds of their creation.

A collection of 28mm scaled miniatures based on the Midgard campaign setting as well as the Tome of Beasts from Kobold Press!

WHO WE ARE:
Effincoolminis.com is a small Ohio based miniatures company and casting facility. John and Phillip have been life long role-players and wargamers with a serious itch when it comes to minis. We own our own casting facility for both 100% lead free pewter and resin.

THE PROJECT:

The Kobold Press Bestiary Kickstarter has been created to help Effincool Miniatures obtain a license to produce miniatures based on the amazing products offered by Kobold Press. We started working on this project at the end of last summer by commissioning several sculpts with the intention of doing a small Kickstarter last Fall. In the interim Kobold Press completed the wildly successful Kickstarter for Tome of Beasts which gave us access to many more amazing creatures with great artwork. Therefore, we decided to spend some more time developing these great peices into miniatures. The result of that work is what is presented before you now!

Our "Core Funding Group" consists of 20 creatures from the Kobold Press universe. Many of these are already in our hands and have had casts made of them. Funding this Kickstarter will not only allow us to pay for licensing for these miniatures, but will also pay for further molding and casting costs.

In addition to the Core Funding Group you will see that we have outlined Stretch Goals for an additional 40 miniatures. We believe that these figures, combined with the Core Funding Group, represent some of the most interesting creatures to be introduced to 5th Edition Roleplaying, and we want to deliver them to you!

These miniatures will also be produced as 28mm scale, unpainted pewter, with the exception of the very large pieces such as any dragons that might get unlocked.

FOUR GAMES IN ONE: GMZERO PROJECT

Jim Pinto is one of those folks who just keeps creating and creating and creating... and he does stuff that really cranks your imagination to 11. He's got a special project going right now where you can get into not one, but four different games he's developed in his very new-era indie style, with a focus on RPGs that need to Game Master.

Four finished games in the GMZero series. All are ready to print and ship to backers.

Four Games? Why?

It's simple. I'm a prolific designer. I'm sitting on a mound of unpublished games. And while these four games share only a GMless model in common, they are small games: finished and ready to play in times for the holidays. Art. Text. Layout. Everything.

So. This project is simple.

These games are done. It's the end of the year. I want to get them into your hands, and launch all new game ideas in the new year.

In order to that, we need this project to be a success.

Post World Games makes games for people who love roleplaying, and not confining rules. New gamers intimidated by huge rule books and people who've been around and "seen it all." People who want to feel a connection to their characters. People who want to run games without hours of prep. Game Masters who want to play but love having a high level storytelling control. Busy people who want a fully satisfying RPG without having to commit to playing weekly for months on end.

And these four games require almost no math. They are all part of the GMZero series that is already available for purchase/inspection. Each game plays differently, but each game shares a common purpose — no gamemaster is needed.

Each game is generally defined here. The first four updates of this project will detail the games further. (That keeps this main page under control.)

WIZARDS OF THE TABLETOP

For those who wish to know more about the people who create the games we love, here's a coffee-table book you can be proud to have in your collection.

The ultimate Game Table Book. Portraits of designers, illustrators, and games. Celebrating the tabletop and the people behind the box.

This is the ultimate Game Table Accessory. Wizards of the Tabletop: Portraits of Game Designers & Accomplices, is a celebration of the people behind the box. Not just a coffee table book, this is a game table book and is a way to share with family and friends your enthusiasm for the hobby. The text presents a history of the hobby with pictures of designers, publishers, artists and the games themselves from 1995 to the present.

So there's a few Kickstarters that I think you should take a look at as the holidays start rolling in. I know you see a lot of KS promotion here on these pages, but honestly, that's where things are happening for fans of gaming of all kinds.

Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, much more
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!

Remove ads

Remove ads