[KS] The Biggest Castles & Crusades Expansion Yet

Castles & Crusades* is one of the most enduring d20/OGL evolutions in gaming, and it just keeps getting bigger and better. Troll Lord has a new Kickstarter going that brings fans the largest expansion ever for the game - effectives a second complete Player's Guide.

Castles & Crusades* is one of the most enduring d20/OGL evolutions in gaming, and it just keeps getting bigger and better. Troll Lord has a new Kickstarter going that brings fans the largest expansion ever for the game - effectives a second complete Player's Guide.

C&C ADVENTURERS BACKPACK

What is the Adventurers Backpack?

The Castles & Crusades Adventurers Backpack represents the largest expansion of the Castles & Crusades RPG since its inception with what is essentially a second Players Handbook and a deck of Equipment Cards.

The Castle Keepers Guide delivered a voluminous amount of gaming material to the CK. The Codex of Aihrde and Players Guide to Aihrde brought the world of Aihrde to life in amazing detail for all players.

But now The Adventurers Backpack is presented to the player with content to match -- if not exceed -- that of the original Players Handbook. New classes. New spells, for all classes whether in the ABP or the PH, based on an old twist. Equipment revisited. Other notes and observations all designed, we hope, to speed up your game. With the main game book come the Equipment Cards, all designed to speed things up and make game play all that easier.

The Adventurers Backpack first appeared in the C&C Black Box on the 40th anniversary of Dungeons and Dragons. In it we presented some new spells, and some new classes. This was only a teaser for future endeavors.

The future has arrived. Stephen Chenault finalized the content for the ABP September, 2016 and enlisted Peter Bradley to begin working on the art. What the book holds, and promises, is both a massive expansion of player-based content (classes, spells and more) as well as a new look at equipment and with this new look comes a new tool: the equipment cards.

The Troll Lord folks are good people doing good work, and this is one of the truly worthy legacies of the OGL movement. Even those playing straight-up D&D or Pathfinder are going to find a wealth of useful material in this stuff.

~SPF

(*) - Note that I use affiliate links in all my posts as a way to generate additional revenue for my efforts; I make my Picks, however, based on the desire to share a wide variety of things with you. Thank you for your support.

Remove ads

Remove ads