Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Maur looks at the broken things.
"The gold!" he laments "Luckily, it's not much. I could cast make whole on the wand, but it will not restore it's magic. It is gone irreversibly."
The champion is not interested in searching in his heavy armor, he walks around the room studying the walls, the floor, and finally waiting by the opening to another unexplored part.

OOC: just doing stone sense walk :p before settling down and waiting for others to indicate we're moving on

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Phar follows the rest around the other side to check out the rest of the place
Aureus leads the way into the room with the fireplace. She searches for any signs of obvious traps before flying into the next room, searching again, and then down a long 10-foot corridor that leads to the north end of the ruins. She stops in front of a grate that is set into the floor halfway down the corridor. She makes sure the grate is stable to walk on and show no signs of being part of a pit trap. She tries to pull it up, but the grate doesn't budge.

Caerth waits for Aureus to finish searching for traps before stepping through a break in the wall to stand in the same room he was looking at from the other side. A 10-ft by 5-ft. table has been placed near the open doorway leading to the corridor.

Phar flies after Aureus and watches as she searches each room and then the first half of the corridor. The hutaakan rogue bypasses two open rooms attached to the corridor, one to the west and one to the east, to inspect the grate. In midair, Phar can see that both of the rooms contain old furniture that is either broken or in a poor state. There is a single broken oak table in the western room. In the eastern room sits an old weathered bench and a table that has half collapsed onto an old bed.

Aureus looks back a Phar. "I think we're safe up to here, but I should still check the other rooms. It will take a while." She sighs. "So far, there isn't anything dangerous, although there might be something to that fireplace. I'm not sure. It's not trapped, but I had this sense there might be something... hidden."

Angus, not sensing any danger, steps inside the room and begins a methodical search.
Angus finds that the room that contained the rat swarm is now filled with only rubble and bits of broken wood from the old chest and several broken pieces of scattered coins that have been embedded into the walls near where the chest once stood. Phar's spell punched through the walls, yet the roof still stands.

As the others head into the next room and then the room with the fireplace, Angus watches their backs and searches for anything that might have been missed. In the next room, beyond the room with the dead rats, the forest reeve notes that there will be lots of firewood to stay warm at night, as most of the furniture in the ruins isn't salvageable. The short, low shelves might still be useful, but if it gets too cold at night, the wood might be better used in the fireplace or outside in the courtyard with the firepit.

Litrix stay close to Angus, so that none of them are left alone.

Maur looks at the broken things.
"The gold!" he laments "Luckily, it's not much. I could cast make whole on the wand, but it will not restore it's magic. It is gone irreversibly."
The champion is not interested in searching in his heavy armor, he walks around the room studying the walls, the floor, and finally waiting by the opening to another unexplored part.
As Maur steps through the broken gap leading into the room with the corridor, Quinn steps up right next to him. He puts his hands on the table in front of them. It seems solid. Still useable, but quite dirty.

Aureus looks back at them and says, "You can move that out of the way. It's not trapped."

Maur can see that there is another round table lying on the floor just beyond the standing table. Its legs are gone and looks more like a large broken makeshift shield sitting on the floor. But, it is just and old table top. Maur has to watch his footing, as the floor underneath is covered in rubble.

There is an old broken chair lying on the floor next to Quinn.

"Aureus, is this bookcase safe?" Caerth asks.

She nods her head. "It's fine. Well... while I didn't find any trap, maybe be careful. It's going to take a while to search everything, and everywhere, but... it isn't going to fall on you. And, I didn't see any books on it."

Caerth walks over to the old bookcase and doublechecks it himself. It is indeed empty. It, like everything else, is covered in a fine layer of dust and cobwebs.

Aureus floats away from the grate and lands in front of another closed wooden door. It appears to be locked. She checks it for traps and tries to open it. The locks opens easily.

"No worries," she says with a smile.

Aureus opens the door and finds an old room that likely was once a library of some kind. There are four old bookcases similar to the one in the other room. The floor is covered in a light layer of dust, but the bookcases look to be dust free and there aren't any cobwebs in the room. One of the bookcases still has books in it while the other ones appear to be empty. There is a bookcase sitting against the northwest corner of the room at a 45 degree angle while another one sits close to the door against the south wall. The room's north wall is partially broken and the last bookcase looks like it was pushed through the wall.

"Yeah, you guys need to look at this," she says. "More books. Well, unless its an illusion. I don't know."

Race: Silver-Grey Elf Paragon
HP: 58/58
AC:
23; FF:19 T:16
TempAC:+4
Spot:+12
Listen:+8
Search+15(SD:+2)
X Mage Hand; Open/Close; XXDetect Magi;❏❏Electric Jolt;❏❏Prestidigitation
Fort:+4 (+2)
Will: +8 (+2)
Refl: +8 (+2)
Initiative: +4
Range:+9/+4
Melee: +6/+1
Temp: +1
1st [7+1](DC20) ❏Familiar Pocket ❏Feather Fall; [][X]*Magic Missile; [X] Protection from Evil; [] Slide []Feather fall
2nd[6+1](D21) ❏Cat's Grace (DC:21)[X]Glitterdust [X][X] [] *Scorching Ray ❏Web; []Luminous Swarm
3rd[6+1](DC22)❏Dispel Magic ❏*Fireball X Fly; [ ] [X ]Haste; ❏*Lightning Bolt [X] Summon Monster III
STR:11
DEX: 18 + 4 (22)
CON: 12 + 1
INT: 28+9
WIS: 12 +1
CHA:12 +1
XP: 66500/66000
(DC23)4th [5+1❏❏*Fire Shield ❏*Ice Storm [] [] polymorph []Summon Monster IV
5th(4+1) (DC24) [X] [X]Dismissal ; []Wall of FIre; []Break Enchantment; [X] Wall of Force
6th (2+1)[DC25] []Disintegrate; []*Wall of Force; [X]Cacophonic Burst

Phar's perfectly pointed ears perked up.

"Books? Perhaps we should peruse these publications."

He padded purposefully towards the library.

Will check the books, assuming Aureas has already scoped it out. CHecking it with detect magic.

Detect magic 5 rounds left

Race: Silver-Grey Elf Paragon
HP: 58/58
AC:
23; FF:19 T:16
TempAC:+4
Spot:+12
Listen:+8
Search+15(SD:+2)
X Mage Hand; Open/Close; XXDetect Magi;❏❏Electric Jolt;❏❏Prestidigitation
Fort:+4 (+2)
Will: +8 (+2)
Refl: +8 (+2)
Initiative: +4
Range:+9/+4
Melee: +6/+1
Temp: +1
1st [7+1](DC20) ❏Familiar Pocket ❏Feather Fall; [][X]*Magic Missile; [X] Protection from Evil; [] Slide []Feather fall
2nd[6+1](D21) ❏Cat's Grace (DC:21)[X]Glitterdust [X][X] [] *Scorching Ray ❏Web; []Luminous Swarm
3rd[6+1](DC22)❏Dispel Magic ❏*Fireball X Fly; [ ] [X ]Haste; ❏*Lightning Bolt [X] Summon Monster III
STR:11
DEX: 18 + 4 (22)
CON: 12 + 1
INT: 28+9
WIS: 12 +1
CHA:12 +1
XP: 66500/66000
(DC23)4th [5+1❏❏*Fire Shield ❏*Ice Storm [] [] polymorph []Summon Monster IV
5th(4+1) (DC24) [X] [X]Dismissal ; []Wall of FIre; []Break Enchantment; [X] Wall of Force
6th (2+1)[DC25] []Disintegrate; []*Wall of Force; [X]Cacophonic Burst

Phar looks over his shoulder on the way to the library,

“I could disintegrate that if we really want to explore the sewers”

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
Maur walks to the grate and slinging the warhammer back to his belt and shield on his back, he crouches next to it. Grabbing through the holes, he braces himself.
"If anyone wants to help?"
He waits to see if anyone grabs the other side and heaves upward.

neurotic: D20 + 4#maurstrcheck → 19(15 + 4)#Maur str check
Quinn is just a half step behind the champion and he too grabs the grate
Ooc dang, can't remember how to roll here. Roll will be on discord

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Phar's perfectly pointed ears perked up.

"Books? Perhaps we should peruse these publications."

He padded purposefully towards the library.

Will check the books, assuming Aureus has already scoped it out. Checking it with detect magic.

Aureus stops Phar at the doorway. "I need to check for traps, but if you can tell me if there is magic in there, it will make it easier for me."

She moves back from the doorway to allow Phar a better view of the room. She steps into the other room across the corridor and begins searching the room for traps or hidden treasure.

Standing at the doorway, Phar checks for any active auras in the room. There are two that he can see. There is one that covers the entire floor of the room and another emanating from the book-filled bookcase. The aura on the floor is quite strong while the aura on the bookcase is only moderate in power.

While Phar concentrates on the auras, Aureus finds an old pouch filled with coins stuffed under the mattress of the old bed. The pouch doesn't appear to be centuries old. It looks like it was placed under the mattress more recently. "Curious."

Maur walks to the grate and slinging the warhammer back to his belt and shield on his back, he crouches next to it. Grabbing through the holes, he braces himself.
"If anyone wants to help?"
He waits to see if anyone grabs the other side and heaves upward.
Quinn is just a half step behind the champion and he too grabs the grate
After Quinn joins Maur near the grate, the two of them try to lift it in unison. The gladiator-knight fails to notice that he is partially standing on the grate and he and dwarf champion try to pull the grate up from the floor.

Caerth clears his throat behind the two of them. As the they look back, Caerth points to Quinn's foot on the grate. Quinn moves his foot out of the way and they try again. The metal creaks but the old sandstone floor holds the grate firmly in place. It was built to last, it seems.

Phar looks over his shoulder on the way to the library,

“I could disintegrate that if we really want to explore the sewers”
"I don't think we need to worry about these old drains and cisterns," Caerth suggests. He steps past Maur and Quinn onto the large grate, kneels down, and looks through the grate to the bottom. "There is only a trickle of water down there. Hmm, scrub moss. And, that, that is black brittlebush. It's fairly common in desert areas. I wouldn't eat it, but it is good for starting fires. I don't see anything dangerous growing down there. It is probably home to all manner of tiny insects and small animals. I don't want to burn it out unless it is absolutely necessary."

"But, if it rains, won't the temple flood if the drains are clogged with weeds?" Aureus notes as she steps back into the corridor.

"It would have to rain a lot for that to happen," the half-orc druid replies. "It would have to be an intense storm." He stands and shakes his head. "Most storms that come in from the the sea hit the land north of Carnell near the Hazepoint. Still, it's possible."

"I'm more concerned about making sure we get rid of any taint left by the nightshade,"
he adds gruffly. "But, we can't linger here too long. We must get Brutus' ring back for Lady Pendour. But, after that is done..."

The half-orc druid trails off. He seems distracted. He shakes his head again. "Phar, what have you found?"

Remove ads