• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Scotley

Hero
Phar dismisses his spell as requested and continues to try and look willing to compromise. He flinches at Cruel Justice's sudden outburst. He says to the sword, "I take it Kang is another weapon?"

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Kang!?" Aueres says, puzzled by Cruel Justice's vocal outcry.
"Kang is there, in the wererat's hand. You must win it from him at any cost," Cruel Justice brightens to fill more of the cavern with light.

Phar dismisses his spell as requested and continues to try and look willing to compromise. He flinches at Cruel Justice's sudden outburst. He says to the sword, "I take it Kang is another weapon?"
The wererat steps back from Aureus and Cruel Justice's light with one hand up in front of his eyes. "That sword speaks? How does it know the name of my weapon?"

Lorien steps between Aureus and Hornauer to block some of the light. "Cruel Justice is a sentient weapon, Hornauer. He is seeking other weapons like him. He thinks your blade is one of these weapons."

"Kang, brother, I am here," Cruel Justice speaks. "Will you not speak to me?"

"Kang does not speak, you crazy blade," Hornauer growls. "And turn off your light!"

"If it doesn't speak to you then how do you know it's name?" Lorien wonders if the wererat is lying.

"It's name is scrawled on the hilt in the Orc tongue, bard," the wererat replies. "Now make that blade douse that light!"

"Cruel Justice, stop it!"

"No! Aureus! Kill the rat! Take Kang from it!"

OOC: Thateous, make a Will save for Aureus vs. Cruel Justice's Ego Score (DC 19).

Last edited:

Thateous

Explorer
 Before Aureus realized it Cruel Justice was in her hand urging her to strike the were-rat. "What are you doing! You can't just go around slicing up anyone in your way! Actions have consequences, even for sentient weapons. No turn out your light so that i might negotiate for kang. she says sternly to the blade. She lowers the blade, and looks at the rat man. "Sorry. Do you Elvin?" she says in Elvin. "Or perhaps Orc?" she says in Orc.

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Before Aureus realized it Cruel Justice was in her hand urging her to strike the were-rat. "What are you doing! You can't just go around slicing up anyone in your way! Actions have consequences, even for sentient weapons. No turn out your light so that i might negotiate for kang. she says sternly to the blade.
The voice of the blade cries out in her mind but it is then silent. The light dims to just enough light for Quinn to see.

"I- I am sorry, Aureus," the sword finally says out loud in Elven. "You are right, of course. There is no honor in attacking during a parlay. Offer my apologies to the ratman, and my hope that we can come to some sort of accord for Kang."

"Stand at ease, everyone," Lorien implores. "There is no more need for hostility." The elf bard turns to Hornauer and tries to smooth things over. "The blade is over vigilant and always wishes to punish those who are guilty of some crime. He probably thinks Kang came to you through some sort of misdeed. I'm sure you didn't steal it. I'm sure it is yours by right."

OOC: Lorien's 2nd Diplomacy roll > Dang, the dice roller didn't work. | Since the wererat felt threatened by Cruel Justice, his attitude shifted to Unfriendly. DC 15 to go back to Indifferent; DC 25 for Friendly; and DC 40 for Helpful. Lorien gets a -2 circumstance penalty to the roll.

She lowers the blade, and looks at the rat man. "Sorry. Do you Elvin?" she says in Elvin. "Or perhaps Orc?" she says in Orc.
Hornauer refuses to lower his weapon, but he doesn't attack when he sees Aureus regain control of the intelligent weapon in her hand. Cruel Justice unnerves him, which is easy to tell. When Aureus speaks to him in Orc, he nods his head and motions to Cruel Justice. "You're sword is powerful," the wererat says in Orc. "And it is a smartblade. What did it just say to you?"

Last edited:

Thateous

Explorer
"Yes he is quite smart and can sometimes be a pain in my side as you just witnessed. He extends his apologies and realized the error of his actions. I too apologies for my momentary lack of control over him. We are only recently acquainted. Would you be willingto trade for Kang as well?" Aureus said in Orc.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Yes he is quite smart and can sometimes be a pain in my side as you just witnessed. He extends his apologies and realized the error of his actions. I too apologies for my momentary lack of control over him. We are only recently acquainted. Would you be willing to trade for Kang as well?" Aureus said in Orc.
"You want the key and my sword," Hornaurer replies in Orc. "The elf's bag of jewels will not be enough for both of them. I will want magic in return." He looks at Aureus' mithral shirt with a glint in his eye. "While your armor is very shiny, it does not suit me." He sheathes Kang and steps towards the female hutaakan. He peers at her clothes, eying her cloak. "I do like the cloak you are wearing. Very nice." The wererat looks at the others and notices a glint on Phar's finger. "Ooh, that is nice and shiny." Hornauer points to the elf paragon's magical ring. "I would take that or the cloak, along with the jewels for the key and Kang." He looks at the druid, still in his snake form, and glares at both Aureus and Lorien. "All I want from the druid is an apology for scaring my subjects. Snakes are our enemies and an apology from one who can turn into one will be good for me and my Queen."

Aureus can hear Cruel Justice in her mind urging her to give up her cloak. It will be worth it in the long run, I promise, the sword whispers in her mind.

"I do not think your smartblade truly knows my Kang," the wererat adds. "It does not speak to me, but I do gain an extra sense with it in my hand. The sense of impending death in others. I will not give up that sense without the items and the apology. Hornauer steps back from the group and crosses his arms, waiting for their response.

OOC: Checking the PCs languages, besides Aureus, both Caerth and Phar can understand the current conversation.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Phar speaks to Aureus as well, hoping the Wererat will no understand. "The rat wants the jewels as well as your cloak or my ring for the key and the blade. The cloak is less valuable than the ring. I would gladly give up any share of treasure and reward to help you replace it if you want to give it. If you feel you cannot I will give up my ring." He shrugs, "We could try and take both by force, but time grows short and the outcome less certain. If we can complete our quest in moments and be away that would be worth much to us I think."

Remove ads