D&D 3E/3.5 [Kulan] New Angels and Angel Paragons!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Finished...

Angel of the Ninth Order
Medium Outsider (Angel, Extraplanar, Good)
Hit Dice: 8d8+24 (60 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 40 ft., fly 90 ft. (good)
AC: 27 (+3 Dex, +14 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 24
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+13
Attack: +1 holy warhammer +14 melee (1d8+6/x3 plus 2d6 against evil) or slam +13 melee (1d8+7/x2)
Full Attack: +1 holy warhammer +14/+9 melee (1d8+6/x3 plus 2d6 against evil) or 2 slams +13 melee (1d8+7/x2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft. / 5 ft.
Special Attacks: Dual mind, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 5/evil, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, immunity to acid, cold, and petrification, protective aura, resistance to electricity 10 and fire 10, spell resistance 22, tongues
Saves: Fort +9 (+13 against poison), Ref +9, Will +9
Abilities: Str 20 (+5), Dex 16 (+3), Con 17 (+3), Int 17 (+3), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 18 (+4)
Skills: Concentration +14, Craft or Knowledge (any one) +14, Diplomacy +17, Escape Artist +14, Hide +14, Intimidate +15, Listen +14, Move Silently +14, Perform (sing) +15, Sense Motive +14, Spot +14, Use Rope +3 (+5 involving bindings)
Feats: Cleave, Improved Initiative, Power Attack

Environment: Any good-aligned plane
Organization: Solitary, pair, or squad (2-4)
Challenge Rating: 10
Treasure: No coins; double goods; standard items
Alignment: Always good (any)
Advancement: 8-13 HD (Medium); 14-26 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: --

This beautiful, angelic figure stands as tall as human with long, white feathered wings and a perfectly formed body. A radiance of light surrounds the creature's body, shining with a supernatural aura of goodness.

Angels of the Ninth Order are the most-used angels for the carrying of messages, warnings, etc. to other planes. They serve also at the call of the angels of the other Orders and assist them in their tasks.

An angel of the Ninth Order is about 6 feet tall and weighs about 200 pounds.

Combat
Angels of the Ninth Order can appear in any form they choose. Most commonly they appear as human warriors with white robes and holy swords or hammers which only they can use.

An angel of the Ninth Order's natural weapons, as well as any weapon it wields, are treated as good-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Dual Mind (Su): An angel of the Ninth Order is capable of making a melee attack and using a spell-like ability, simultaneously. This is a full-round action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. The angel cannot use this ability with ranged attacks.

Spell-like Abilities: At will - blade barrier (DC 20), cure light wounds, hold person (DC 16), plane shift (DC 19), polymorph (self only), purify food and drink, remove disease, speak with dead (DC 17), tongues. Caster Level: 8th. 1/day - control weather. Caster Level: 12th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Did a bit more on the Angel of the Ninth Order, and eyeballed some numbers for the other angels. (Figures in underlined braces.)

Been very sick the last week or so, thus my energy comes and goes. I need to take a nap and then I'll be back to finalize the 9th order angel's skills. After that, archangels are next on my list.

I also have to do some prep work for my game this week, which will likely take prescidence.

Cheers!

KF72

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Finished...

Archangel, Lesser
Large Outsider (Angel, Extraplanar, Good)
Hit Dice: 11d8+55 (104 hp)
Initiative: +8
Speed: 50 ft., fly 120 ft. (good)
AC: 26 (-1 size, +4 Dex, 13 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 22
Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+22
Attack: +3 holy greatsword +21 melee (3d6+13 plus 2d6 against evil/19-20/x2) or slam +17 melee (2d8+10/x2)
Full Attack: +3 holy greatsword +21/+16/+11 melee (3d6+13 plus 2d6 against evil/19-20/x2) or 2 slams +17 melee (2d8+10/x2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft. / 10 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities, summon angel
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/epic and evil, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, immunity to acid, cold, and petrification, protective aura, regeneration 5, resistance to electricity 10 and fire 10, spell resistance 28, tongues
Saves: Fort +12 (+16 against poison), Ref +11, Will +12
Abilities: Str 24 (+7), Dex 19 (+4), Con 20 (+5), Int 24 (+7), Wis 24 (+7), Cha 24 (+7)
Skills: Concentration +19, Craft or Knowledge (any four) +21, Diplomacy +23, Escape Artist +18, Hide +14, Listen +21, Move Silently +19, Perform (sing) +21, Search +21, Sense Motive +21, Spellcraft +21, Spot +21, Use Rope +4 (+6 involving bindings)
Feats: Cleave, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (greatsword)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archangel, Greater
Huge Outsider (Angel, Extraplanar, Good)
Hit Dice: 18d8+126 (207 hp)
Initiative: +6
Speed: 50 ft., fly 120 ft. (good)
AC: 26 (-2 size, +2 Dex, 16 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 26
Base Attack/Grapple: +18/+37
Attack: +3 holy devilbane greatsword +31 melee (4d6+19 plus 2d6 against evil/19-20/x2) or slam +27 melee (3d8+16/x2)
Full Attack: +3 holy devilbane greatsword +31/+26/+21/+16 melee (4d6+19 plus 2d6 against evil/19-20/x2) or 2 slams +27 melee (3d8+16/x2)
Space/Reach: 15 ft. / 15 ft.
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 15/epic and evil, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, immunity to acid, cold, and petrification, protective aura, regeneration 10, resistance to electricity 10 and fire 10, spell resistance 30, tongues
Saves: Fort +18 (+22 against poison), Ref +15, Will +18
Abilities: Str 32 (+11), Dex 15 (+2), Con 24 (+7), Int 24 (+7), Wis 24 (+7), Cha 24 (+7)
Skills: Concentration +28, Craft or Knowledge (any four) +28, Diplomacy +30, Escape Artist +23, Hide +15, Listen +28, Move Silently +23, Perform (sing) +28, Search +28, Sense Motive +28, Spellcraft +28, Spot +28, Use Rope +2 (+4 involving bindings)
Feats: Alertness, Blind-Fight, Cleave, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (greatsword)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Organization: Solitary
Challenge Ratings: Lesser 14; greater 21
Advancement: Lesser 12-17 (Large); 18-34 (Huge); greater 19-27 (Huge); 28-54 (Gargantuan)

This large being looks like a muscular, winged humanlike figure of great beauty and Charisma. It is clad all in white and has the demeanor of a great warrior.

Archangels are the Marshals of the Seven Heavens. Each archangel leads a Host of angels whose numbers has been estimated many times, never less than many thousands. However, when acting as messengers they travel alone.

A lesser archangel stands 10 feet tall and weighs about 550 pounds. A greater archangel stands 18 feet tall and weighs about 990 pounds.

Lesser ArchAngel
Archangels almost never appear themselves, unless there has been a massive attack, by devils, against the Material Plane. Lesser archangels are more likely to appear to mortals.

Combat
A lesser archangel's natural weapons, as well as any weapon it wields, are treated as good-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Regeneration (Ex): A lesser archangel takes normal damage from epic evil-aligned weapons and from spells or effects with the evil descriptor.

Spell-like Abilities: At will - blade barrier (DC 23), call lightning (DC 20), dispel evil (DC 22), enthrall (DC 19), flame strike (DC 22), insect plague, spiritual weapon. 1/day - earthquake, holy word (DC 24), symbol of stunning (DC 24). Caster Level: 13th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Summon Angel (Sp): Once per day, a lesser archangel can automatically summon 1d4 angels of the Ninth Order.

Greater Archangel
Archangels almost never appear themselves, unless there has been a massive attack, by devils, against the Material Plane.

Combat
A greater archangel's natural weapons, as well as any weapon it wields, are treated as good-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Regeneration (Ex): A greater archangel takes normal damage from epic evil-aligned weapons and from spells or effects with the evil descriptor.

Spell-like Abilities: At will - blade barrier (DC 23), call lightning storm (DC 22), dispel evil (DC 22), holy smite (DC 21), enthrall (DC 19), flame strike (DC 22), insect plague, spiritual weapon. 1/day - dismissal (DC 21), earthquake, holy word (DC 24), symbol of persuasion (DC 23), symbol of stunning (DC 24). Caster Level: 20th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Summon Angel (Sp): At will, a greater archangel can automatically summon 1d6 angels of the Ninth Order.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Angel, Principality
Hit Dice: 11d8+33 (86 hp)
Speed: Spd 40 ft., fly 90 ft. (good)
AC: 28 (+4 Dex, +14 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 24
Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+16
Attack: +3 greatsword of defending +19 melee (2d6+10/19-20/x2) or slam +16 melee (1d8+7/x2)
Full Attack: +3 greatsword of defending +19/+14/+9 melee (2d6+10/19-20/x2) or slam +16 melee (1d8+7/x2)
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/evil, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, immunity to acid, cold, and petrification, protective aura, resistance to electricity 10 and fire 10, spell resistance 22, tongues
Saves: Fort +10 (+14 against poison), Ref +11, Will +10
Abilities: Str 21 (+5), Dex 19 (+4), Con 17 (+3), Int 17 (+3), Wis 17 (+3), Cha 19 (+4)
Skills: Concentration +17, Craft or Knowledge (any two) +17, Diplomacy +20, Escape Artist +18, Hide +18, Intimidate +18, Listen +17, Move Silently +18, Sense Motive +17, Spot +17, Use Rope +4 (+6 involving bindings)
Feats: Cleave, Combat Expertise, Improved Initiative, Power Attack

Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 14
Advancement: 12-17 HD (Medium); 18-34 HD (Large)

A heavenly presence seems to protect the spot where you are standing. Out of the corner of your eye you glimpse a kingly figure bathed in light. Its face is peaceful but resolute. As you turn towards it shimmers away, yet you can still feel it there.

The Order of the Principalities is entrusted with the duty of protecting religion, and its temples, and priests. They also watch over the leaders of the people.

An angel of the Principalities primary concern is to prevent the powers of evil from having too much sway. They prefer to work by inspiration rather than taking any direct action when dealing with earthly rulers.

When possible, an angel of the Principalities will remain invisible and employ a powerful suggestion spell to impart their message.

An angel of the Principalities stands 8 feet tall and weighs about 265 pounds.

Combat
If a temple of good is being desecrated or a faithful follower is in great danger, there is a possibility that an angel of the Principalities will intervene.

An angel of the Principalities’ natural weapons, as well as any weapon it wields, are treated as good-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Spell-like Abilities: At will – break enchantment, command (DC 15), confusion (DC 18), discern lies (DC 18), invisibility, project image (DC 21), Rary's telepathic bond, suggestion (DC 17), true seeing, ventriloquism (DC 15). 1/day – control weather, flame strike (DC 19), restoration, teleport. Caster Level: 11th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Summon Angel (Sp): Once per day, an angel of the Principalities can automatically summon 1d4 angels of the Ninth Order.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Angel, Power
Large Outsider (Angel, Extraplanar, Good)
Hit Dice: 14d8+70 (133 hp)
Speed: Spd 50 ft., fly 120 ft. (good)
AC: 26 (-1 size, +4 Dex, +13 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 22
Base Attack/Grapple: +14/+26
Attack: +3 axiomatic longsword +25 melee (2d6+11 plus 2d6 against chaos/19-20/x2) or slam +21 melee (2d8+12/x2)
Full Attack: +3 axiomatic longsword +25/+20/+15 melee (2d6+11 plus 2d6 against chaos/19-20/x2) or 2 slams +21 melee (2d8+12/x2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft. / 10 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/evil, darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 2, low-light vision, immunity to acid, cold, and petrification, protective aura, resistance to electricity 10 and fire 10, spell resistance 28, tongues
Saves: Fort +14 (+18 against poison), Ref +13, Will +13
Abilities: Str 27 (+8), Dex 19 (+4), Con 20 (+5), Int 19 (+4), Wis 19 (+4), Cha 20 (+5)
Skills: Concentration +22, Craft or Knowledge (any two) +21, Diplomacy +24, Escape Artist +21, Hide +17, Intimidate +22, Listen +21, Move Silently +21, Search +21, Sense Motive +21, Spot +21, Use Rope +4 (+6 involving bindings)
Feats: Cleave, Great Cleave, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (longsword)

Organization: Solitary, pair, or trio
Challenge Rating: 15
Alignment: Always good (any, but usually lawful)
Advancement: 15-21 HD (Large); 22-42 HD (Huge)

A large, winged angelic figure stands before you. Its heavenly presence bodes ill for any creature that would commit evil. Its perfect form seems to order all that exists around it — opposing chaos.

Power angels are more frequent visitors to the Material Plane than most types of Angels. They are zealous in their dedication to maintaining the order, as it should be.

A power angel stands 12 feet tall and weighs about 660 pounds.

Combat
Power angels are the chief opponents of demons (rather than devils), because it is demons that strive for chaos.

A power angel's natural weapons, as well as any weapon it wields, are treated as good-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Spell-like Abilities: At will – blade barrier (DC 21), continual flame, flame strike (DC 20), hold monster (DC 21), hold person (DC 18), silence (DC 17), stone tell, true seeing; 1/day – earthquake, holy word (DC 22, banishment effect), resurrection. Caster Level: 14th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Angel, Virtue
Hit Dice: 10d8+40 (85 hp)
Speed: Spd 50 ft., fly 120 ft. (good)
AC: 27 (+4 Dex, +13 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 23
Base Attack/Grapple: +10/+15
Attack: +2 holy keen bastard sword +17 melee (1d10 plus 2d6 against evil/17-20/x2) or slam +15 melee (1d8+7/x2)
Full Attack: +2 holy keen bastard sword +17/+12 melee (1d10 plus 2d6 against evil/17-20/x2) or 2 slams +15 melee (1d8+7/x2)
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/evil, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, immunity to acid, cold, and petrification, protective aura, resistance to electricity 10 and fire 10, spell resistance 25, tongues
Saves: Fort +11 (+15 against poison), Ref +11, Will +11
Abilities: Str 21 (+5), Dex 18 (+4), Con 18 (+4), Int 18 (+4), Wis 18 (+4), Cha 20 (+5)
Skills: Concentration +17, Craft or Knowledge (any two) +17, Diplomacy +20, Escape Artist +17, Hide +17, Intimidate +18, Listen +17, Move Silently +17, Search +17, Sense Motive +17, Spot +17, Use Rope +4 (+6 involving bindings)
Feats: Cleave, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (bastard sword) B, Improved Initiative, Improved Sunder, Power Attack

Organization: Solitary, pair, or squad (1 or 2 virtues plus 2-12 angels of the Ninth Order)
Challenge Rating: 15
Advancement: 11-15 (Medium); 16-30 (Large)

"The Virtues often appear as perfectly formed humans with glowing countenances."

Virtue angels are the order of angels that most commonly deals with men. Their principal duty is to work miracles upon the Material Plane. They are also said to be the chief bestowers of grace and valor.

A virtue angel is about 8 feet tall and weighs about 270 pounds.

Combat
It is not uncommon for a virtue angel, which has been sent to the Material Plane, to have been given the ability to cast a single miracle (DC 24), for a specific reason. This spell is normally beyond its ability.

A virtue angel's natural weapons, as well as any weapon it wields, are treated as good-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Spell-like Abilities: At will – blindness/deafness (DC 18), command (DC 16), create food and water, cure serious wounds, find the path, hold person (DC 18), insanity (DC 22), insect plague, neutralize poison, raise dead, remove disease, speak with dead (DC 18), true seeing; 1/day – limited wish (DC 22), restoration, resurrection. Caster Level: 20th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Summon Angel (Sp): At will, a virtue angel can automatically summon 2d6 angels of the Ninth Order.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Note that I will get back to these, eventually, but my current campaign is taking up most of my time. Plus, I'm thinking hard about how I want to approach doing the last four on the list.

The Dominations won't be too much of a challenge, but the Thrones have me thinking and rethinking how I'm going to do them, as it seems like they should have multiple forms.

The Cherubim and The Seraphim will also be a bit challenging to do properly, as I'm going to design them to be more Epic than the other angels.

Hmm, decisions... decisions.

KF72

Last edited:

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Knightfall1972 said:
Note that I will get back to these, eventually, but my current campaign is taking up most of my time.
What??? Are you actually putting your own players before the eager monster-viewers of ENWorld? For shame.... ;)

I love this stuff. Great job! I've been wondering about including more regular "Angels" in my Planescape campaign. Thank you very much!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
TarionzCousin said:
What??? Are you actually putting your own players before the eager monster-viewers of ENWorld? For shame.... ;)
Yes, yes I am. :eek:

Seriously though, it's the first time in ages that I have a gaming group to concentrate on more than just monster or world creation.

I love this stuff. Great job! I've been wondering about including more regular "Angels" in my Planescape campaign. Thank you very much!
Thanks, I'll get back to this thread when the mood strikes me. Right now I've got too many Real LifeTM issues to deal with, including some nasty pain in the lower part of my left leg.

I went to the hospital last Friday to have them check for a blood clot, since the leg was swollen really bad. They didn't find anything, which is disturbing since I was sure that was what it was going to be. (I've had a blood clot before, so I know what the symptoms are.)

I'm also having problems with painful sciatica again, which was a major problem about a year ago. It's possible that my calf pain is the sciatica migrating to a new location, which is definitely possible.

Anyway, I'm rambling now. :(

KF72

Remove ads