• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L1: Strange Doings (Erekose13 Judging)

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire, Paladin of Hyrag

Erekose13 said:
Rich Gorth and his wife happily provide breakfast for the adventurers and can provide directions to the cave as well. They describe a canyon that forms at the edge of the forest where it meets a few hills on the other side, about a couple of miles beyond the edge of the forest. The canyon walls rise a good twenty or thirty feet above the forest floor. At the back of the canyon is a small cave. Rich’s wife, Lora, dismisses the idea that skeletons would be in there, “Just a bunch of harmless spiders really.” She says. She offers to pack the group a few biscuits to take with them on their way out and Rich will provide the group with any torches (and clubs) they need.

After the generous breakfast, he says, "Thank you very much for your hospitality. The Lightbringer bless this abode."

With that, he leaves with the others.

Amaury

First Post
tracks? what of? thinks Jallembo who kneels down to check them up. Once his observation
is done he proposes: "Let me go ahead.. it will be more quiet.. I won't be long.."
Looking down to the cat he says: "You're coming?" and then starts haeding off following the tracks
if they are visible.

He will walk cautiously until he can find the entrance of a cave. Once he has done so, he will
check the surroundings for sentries, traps or objects, then head back to the group.

[sblock=DM]Check the nature of the tracks: human, animal, else?
Otherwise, I am still letting you roll my Spot (+4), Listen(+0), Move silently(+9) and Search(+6) checks. :cool: [/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Compared to the tracks seen around the cow and the tracks the others saw last night, Jallembo is informed that these are likely skeleton tracks.

Approaching quietly, Jallembo follows the canyon in about 80 feet as it winds around a bend or two. It would be entirely too easy to be seen and ambushed out here, so he goes carefully moving stealthily from rock to rock. As he rounds the last bend he can see a small cave at the end. Its only about 3 feet wide though it does stand a good 7 feet tall or so. It is impossible to tell what is in it or how far back it goes from here though.

Amaury

First Post
Satisfied with his scouting and with the seemingly absence of sentries, Jallembo heads back to inform the others of his findings.

"These skeleton tracks head towards a cave nearby.. I haven't seen anyone on the way but be cautious, this canyon is a perfect ambush site! he whispers.

He then turns around and takes the track again towards the cave.

Once he gets there he will attempt to listen for any suspect noises as his eyes cannot penetrate the darkness of the cave.

Ximix

First Post
Amaury said:
Satisfied with his scouting and with the seemingly absence of sentries, Jallembo heads back to inform the others of his findings.

"These skeleton tracks head towards a cave nearby.. I haven't seen anyone on the way but be cautious, this canyon is a perfect ambush site! he whispers.

He then turns around and takes the track again towards the cave.

Once he gets there he will attempt to listen for any suspect noises as his eyes cannot penetrate the darkness of the cave.

Ximix will call Jallembo back before he returns to the cave.
"Wait," the slender priest calls, and when in range, Ximix speaks quietly. "This should last about eight minutes, it makes you completely hidden to undead, even sounds and smells are undetectable to them... but to the undead only."
With that Ximix presents his symbol of Gliran, intoning in the melodic speech of the elves "Karndollen Tuulo'Guina" as he lays a pale hand upon the shoulder of the scout. Ximix wonders idly if Jallembo feels the calm reassurance of his patron settle over him as the Elf does when he intones a blessing from the Arcane...

"If we do not hear back from you in ten minutes, we're coming in after you." Ximix states as Jallembo turns back to his task.

corcio

First Post
manon wonders how exactly being invisible to something like the undead would feel like.

"i must learn more about these divine powers"
he whispers to himself
kneeling down behind ximix he readies his crossbow just in case someone does decide to ambush the group.

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo tries not to show his nervosity as Ximix casts his magic on him.
He doesn't feel any different and doesn't glow or anything so he goes back to the cave wondering what, if anything he might encounter.

He enters the inside of the cave cautiously letting his eyes getting used to the darkness before checking thoroughly his environment.

corcio

First Post
relaxing a bit after a few moments. manon wonders who exactly would be waiting to ambush them. as far as he is concerned no one has been watching them and he has been vigilant.
manon turns to garrit and asks.
"so say there is some sort of evil fiend waiting in there for nightfall to pray on the helpless farmers again....what does that leave us to do besides klling or captuing him and bringing him to justice...? but shouldnt we have some strategy aside form just blindly walzting into the place.? "

Remove ads