• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L1: Strange Doings (Erekose13 Judging)

corcio

First Post
Manon begins walking towards the direction of the farm house. glancing at richard to see if theres been any chance in his demeanor. "Lets go. i dont see any reason to dig in the dirt today anymore. " he states as he passes by. "so where is this tey fellow. lets go see if we can wake him up."

Ximix

First Post
Standing with the far-away-stare that the others have come to expect from the Elf, Ximix does not say anything until Manon speaks as he begins to step away.
"Don't you think it odd that two holes were dug here... both deeper than arms depth... and both were covered back up. Rich was drawn from the path for a reason, if he had no tools to dig then it seems unlikely he was responsible for the holes, could something have come out of the ground at those places?"
Pausing, Ximix turns his stare from the disturbed ground to the others.
"Yet if there is more than one."Stopping abruptly, Ximix gives a short, violent shake of his head, then resumes, "I aplogise, we must not make too many assumptions. Still, this is a most strange development."
Brushing some stray dirt from his boots, Ximix joins Manon and Razin on the path, his face a picture of confused concentration, once again staring off into the distance. He will follow behind, lost in thought.

LiquidBlue

First Post
Empty Holes and a Sleeping Man

Seeing the holes that the adventurers have found, Rich Gorth contemplates them silently, then says: "This is really odd. Do you really think that Richard was over here before he collapsed?"

"I'll take you to see Richard now. Perhaps he'll be awake by now. Come on, his house is this way."

You follow Rich back along the path the same way the you arrived. Upon exiting the forrest, Rich turns so that instead of heading back to the pasture with the cow, you are heading in a different direction. Soon you approach a small house with various out buildings. Rich leads you to a door, he opens it a crack, then says, "Julia, its Rich, I've brought some adventurers from Orussus. They want to see Richard."

You hear a voice from within the house. "Come in."

Rich shakes the dirt off of his boots, then opens the door completely, and motions for you to follow. He leads through the house to a bedroom. Inside you see a man on a bed and two women. Motioning to the man, Rich says, "This is Richard Tey. This is pretty much the condition that we found him in." He looks at the women, then continues, "He has been unconscious this entire time." He then signals one woman, then the other. "This Julia Tey, Richard's wife. And this is Kathryn Nam, our neighbor."

Julia looks the adventurers over then says, "I truly hope that you will be able to help us. I don't know how we can manage otherwise. I've never seen something like this happen before."

Ximix

First Post
LiquidBlue said:
. . .
"I'll take you to see Richard now. Perhaps he'll be awake by now. Come on, his house is this way." . . .

. . . Julia looks the adventurers over then says, "I truly hope that you will be able to help us. I don't know how we can manage otherwise. I've never seen something like this happen before."

Ximix strides into the room, turns to the woman identified as the victims wife, Julia, and gives her a half-bow, looking first at Julia, then Kathryn, then back at Julia, giving them both his usual detail-searching stare..
"I am a priest, may I examine your husband?" The Elf will make no move towards Richard without Julia's permission, standing quietly before her, likely looking up at her face.

LiquidBlue

First Post
Is Richard so far gone that he needs a priest?

Ximix said:
Ximix strides into the room, turns to the woman identified as the victims wife, Julia, and gives her a half-bow, looking first at Julia, then Kathryn, then back at Julia, giving them both his usual detail-searching stare..
"I am a priest, may I examine your husband?" The Elf will make no move towards Richard without Julia's permission, standing quietly before her, likely looking up at her face.

Julia looks at the strange elf, glances at Rich who gives a small nod, then says, "Certainly. I hope that you can do something to help him."

Ximix

First Post
Ximix will attempt a Heal check, based on observations from his past combat experiences (and incidentily will note that he must attend to that skill as soon as he is able).
Heal check = *ouch* 5
With his cursory check ineffectual, Ximix will raise both hands to his holy symbol, close his eyes briefly and chant the words to a spell.
[sblock=DM]Ximix casts a Detect Magic cantrip, looking carefully at the body and then around the room, especially in the vicinity of Richard, but also the two women and eventually the whole group.
Spot check, just in case it is needed: 17, not as embarrasing =-) [/sblock]
Staring intently at Richard for a moment, the Elf then turns and peers about the room.
"I am checking his aura and that of the contents of the room for supernatural connections." Ximix intones by way of explanation as he meets the gaze of each of those present in turn.

Last edited:

corcio

First Post
Shuddering briefly at the thought that something came OUT of the holes, as opposed to going IN them, Manon will make a mental note not to stick his arm in places.

After departing the path and heading to the farmers home, Manon follows the group inside and is second to enter the building. Nodding and smiling to all the inhabitants he goes around and introduces himself to everyone politely.
but in doing so carefully examines EVERYTHING in the house and the people as best he can for anything unusual or out of place. looking at ximix intently curious on what the elf can do he speaks "Ximix, let us know what you discover." then turning to Speak to the women Manon smiles and asks "Do not be troubled my ladies, we are here to help you as best we can.
I assume youve been taking good care of this man since the incident, Is there anything you can tell us that might have happened? has he spoken at all or showed any other signs of illness? Have you been having any sorts of other recent problems on the farms?"
he speaks calmy and smoothly trying not to alarm the poor women.

ooc - initial spot check to look around 17+5=22 :D
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=726088

LiquidBlue

First Post
What's the matter with Ricard Tey?

corcio said:
Manon smiles and asks "I assume youve been taking good care of this man since the incident, Is there anything you can tell us that might have happened? has he spoken at all or showed any other signs of illness? Have you been having any sorts of other recent problems on the farms?" he speaks calmy and smoothly trying not to alarm the poor women.

We've been taking care of him as best we can. But I am not sure what we can do. We've helped him drink a little, and so far we don't think he needs any nourishment, but that's really it. He has said anything, or even really moved at all.

Julia continues, We've not yet had any other problems here, she looks at the other woman, or at the other farms.

Neither Ximix or Manon notice anything particularly noteworthy. As Ximix concetrates he doesn't notice any magical auras within the room, but does notice one faint magical aura beyond one of the walls, presumably within another room of the building.

OOC: Ximix, when you cast a spell, it will help me if you provide a list of your prepared spells, with the ones you have cast striked out.

Ximix

First Post
LiquidBlue said:
. . .
Neither Ximix or Manon notice anything particularly noteworthy. As Ximix concetrates he doesn't notice any magical auras within the room, but does notice one faint magical aura beyond one of the walls, presumably within another room of the building. . . .

"There seems to be a slight aura . . . "The Elf turns, addressing the room in general, and begins walking towards what he noticed... " over this way . . . "
Since the duration of the spell is far from over, Ximix continues to concentrate on locating auras, following the glimpse he saw earlier to investigate what gives this aura.

Spot check on magical aura and it's source: WOW! Nat 20+5=25

OOC: Ximix, when you cast a spell, it will help me if you provide a list of your prepared spells, with the ones you have cast striked out.
[sblock=Ximix's spell list]
Commonly prayed for spells:

Orisons: 3

Detect Magic
Light
Mending

First Tier: 1+1+1 Domain

Cause Fear DC: 14
Command DC: 14
Knowledge Domain: Detect Secret Doors
[/sblock]

Last edited: