• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L1: Strange Doings (Erekose13 Judging)

Ximix

First Post
Amaury said:
Jallembo points to the script and whispers to Ximix: "There's something written on that wall painting but I can't understand it.."

He turns to Garrit and says: "I cannot hear anything behind that door, I'll open it, be ready!"

But before Jallembo checks the door for any trap. If satisfied, he opens it slowly...

Ximix will glance at the script, not attempting to read it but rather form a quick impression, before turning back to where the door is about to be opened. If he has time he'd like to use his enhanced vision to look further down the hallway...

[sblock=rolls]Spot on script=20, and down hallway=10[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Jallembo does not find any traps, but does discover that the door is locked.

Garrit and Razin stand ready.

Ximix can make out that the script is in Ancient Medibarian (the same as those weird stones they found in the ground). It says "Arcanum Immortalus" beneath the tower. There were more words but they have faded.

corcio

First Post
apparently causing some commotion from the rubble, manon eventually manages to squeeze thru the hole and dusts himself off..giving the group a sheepish grin he shrugs his shoulders and says. "sorry had to take care of some.....business..." he then steps out and follows behind garrit.

ooc - sorry work sucks......
damn real responsibility i wish i was a kid again.
ill take a 10

Amaury

First Post
As the door remains stuck and Jallembo realizes it is locked, he smiles sheepishly at his friends... "Err, just a second..." he whispers before opening a hard leather satchel and taking a set of picks of various diameters. He looks at the lock then chooses one pick and inserts it into the lock.. One move to the right, one move to the left at a different angle and.. the lock makes a distinctive 'click'..

"All yours.." he whispers with a smile before opening the door, standing aside to let his companions go through.

[sblock=OOC]
Open Lock (1d20+9=28)[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[imager]http://www.enworld.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=29076&stc=1[/imager]
Manon manages to clamor over the rubble and squeeze through the tight hole at the top just as Jallembo opens the door. The heavy stone door swings open into the room revealing a small set of three stairs descending into a small room. The room is dark and musty with a thick layer of dust covering the floor. Two stone sarcophagi rest on the floor and a stone statue rests in the northern corner of the room. The statue is of a tall man in a heavy set of ornate robes. A small square hat rests on his head and he is holding a heavy stone scroll rolled together on two cylindrical pieces of stone.

Peering further down the corridor, Ximix notes that there looks to be several small doors on either side of the hall beyond the exit on the right. The opening on the right looks like it goes up a set of stairs. He doesn't have time to really look into it as the door is opened, though nothing jumps out at the crew yet.

Ximix

First Post
Erekose13 said:
. . . though nothing jumps out at the crew yet.
OOC: (emphasis mine) Lovely phrasing . . . :p /OOC

Ximix will try to remember if the various features of the statue bring any recognition of a specific sect or religion. [sblock=Knowledge Religion] Ouch, maybe I should have taken 10... with a +5 mod I got a 7[/sblock]

Keeping sword and shield at the ready, the elven priest will wait his turn through the door as he whispers a quick summary of the features down the hall that his acute vision has revealed to him.

Erekose13

Explorer
Ximix is unable to remember anything of religious significance relating to the statue. (ooc: if anyone has Know history that'd work).

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire, Paladin of Hyrag

The half orc moves up to the sarcophagus room and stands at the door. "Anything interesting in there?" he asks.

Remove ads