• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L2: The Dragon's Maw (Erekose13 judging)

Swamptreader

First Post
For a moment the newly minted elven barbarian stops dead in his tracks, a blank stare on his face, glassy eyes peering out unmoving, unblinking.

Within a mere moment...or two, it reanimates and says to Kermis, "THAT GOOD QUESTION, MAYBE WE GO BUY PUDDING FOR SHIP? TASTE GOOD LIKE SWEET GRASSHOPPERS. I KNOW PLACE." He waves Kermis to go with him. "WE GOT ROPES, WE SMARTER THAN ELVEY BIG-TALKERS! THEY NEED GO GET ROPE, WE GET SWEETIES INSTEAD!"

OOC (GM)[sblock]Do I happen to actually know of anywhere around here that has a good plum pudding or something? Don't wanna disappoint Kermis. :)[/sblock]

corcio

First Post
"KERMIS NO EAT GRASSHOPPER. KERMIS LIKE MEATS." The barbarian exclaims "WE GO GET MEAT" he announces to the group. Waving for Valan to come join him and the elf to go slay some beast and skin them for the trip.

ooc - after we acquire some food by whatever means Kermis will jut follow whichever member of the group is closest. valan or aszwen seem likely. and get to the boat. whcih should also be a fun aspect. im quite looking forward too.

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
As the others begin leaving, Merlis walks quickly behind Throran and called out to him.

"If you are willing, there is no time like the present to discuss the plans. I do not have much to purchase in town, but I can go with you while you look for supplies."

[sblock=DM question]LiquidBlue: Are you going to be okay with the two of us comparing notes and potentially swapping spells? Also if you are okay with it, do we handle it as scribing spell or just pay the cost listed in the DMG for adding spells to the spellbook? Just random thoughts like that.[/sblock]

LiquidBlue

First Post
The Helen of Bom leaves in 4 days. Once your character has completed all of their business within Orussus let me know. Once all of the party members are ready we will continue with the journey.

Verbatim said:
LiquidBlue: Are you going to be okay with the two of us comparing notes and potentially swapping spells? Also if you are okay with it, do we handle it as scribing spell or just pay the cost listed in the DMG for adding spells to the spellbook? Just random thoughts like that.

If the two of you want to swap spells, it is perfectly fine with me. The spells cost 100gp per page to scribe. (I don't know of any other costs or fees, unless you are refering to the 50gp x spell level fee wizards generally ask for the privelege of copying from their spellbook.) For each spell copied you must first decipher the writting then spend a 24hr period studying the spell after which you must make a DC 16 spellcraft check (for a 1st level spell.) If you fail that check you cannot copy the spell until you gain another level. (Both Merlis and Thoran can tale 10 and pass the check.)

Swaptreader said:
Do I happen to actually know of anywhere around here that has a good plum pudding or something? Don't wanna disappoint Kermis.

Aazwen can find good plum pudding. Joe at the Red Dragon Inn is likely to give you some for free, and if that is not sufficient, I am sure he would be willing to point you in the right direction.

Verbatim

Explorer
[sblock=plans]Would like to take 10 to learn identify from Throran, keeping up Merlis' secondary preference of divination spells, pay the 100gp and lock myself up for 24 hrs. Then will be ready to go as I can pick up other supplies with my remaining gold once we know exactly what we are getting into when we speak to our true boss.[/sblock]

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verbatim said:
[sblock=plans]Would like to take 10 to learn identify from Throran, keeping up Merlis' secondary preference of divination spells, pay the 100gp and lock myself up for 24 hrs. Then will be ready to go as I can pick up other supplies with my remaining gold once we know exactly what we are getting into when we speak to our true boss.[/sblock]

OOC: That sounds fine, just as long as Throran is willing to let you learn the spell from from his spellbook.

Swamptreader

First Post
OOC (all)[sblock]Letting you know that I won't be able to post until after 2AM tonight (Friday morning). I'll update or remove/replace this temp post then.[/sblock]

LogicsFate

First Post
corcio said:
"WE GO GET MEAT" he announces to the group. Waving for Valan to come join him and the elf to go slay some beast and skin them for the trip.

No thankyou Kermis, I should go with our mages and pick up some supplies. You and Elf have fun! Valan follows behind Throran and Merlis to town.

If they go off to poor over each others spellbooks, Valan will go get his own supplies. If Throran goes to get supplies Valan will happily accompany him.

corcio

First Post
waving goodbye to his other friends kermis is happy for the chance to get out of the town for a while. too much talking and not enough doing. nudging the elf and laughing heartily he follows the elf curious about the prospect of this "pudding" substance which the elf is going on about.

Swamptreader

First Post
Aazwen Shadewood - L1 Perfectly Normal Ranger

"No grasshoppers? I get some for you sometime. Good for after meat. Make belly happy. Now we go to Joe, he got good pudding," says Aazwen in a less volume-inflated version of his prior voice.

As he steps out the door he asks Kermis, "Do you like boats? I never on one." He looks a wee bit nervous.

Remove ads