• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L2: The Dragon's Maw (Erekose13 judging)

LiquidBlue

First Post
OOC: Given Valan's penchant for gambling, If there is any desire, I could provide a game in which party members gamble with the sailors. Valan and any other character would be invited.

LogicsFate

First Post
Valan usually demenor changes, first when the ship set sail, and then again when the the storm starts. His smile seems more forced and his gait seems unsteady at best, and he himself, a delightfull shade of green.

OOC: [sblock] No illness has ever stopped him from the game though, and Valan will join in whatever game the sailors commonly play; dice, cards, ect.. Even suppling the materials if needed.[/sblock]

LiquidBlue

First Post
The Game

Valan, finds three sailors who have the time to gamble, Conner, Dell, and Kip. They show him their well worn mat and matching dice.

"On the Helen of Bom, we play Dragon's Hoard. We play for 7 rounds, and the sea takes the rest. We normally play for silver. But maybe you'd want to play for gold?" A pair of dice is offered. "High roll plays last."

Each of the sailors in turn rolls the dice. Conner rolls 8, Dell rolls 7, and Kip rolls 4.

OOC: The sailors play the 2d4 variant on a mat labeled 3 to 7. They each rolled to determine the order of play. Please use invisble castle for your rolls. Clearly label the roll (Ex. Order of play, Round 1, etc.) Invisblecastle will very ocassionally roll something more than once. Please be very careful, to make sure each round is rolled a single time.

corcio

First Post
as valan greets the barbarian kermis simply scratches his head and says loudly but obviously to himself. "HUNT?" putting his finger to his mouth and deeply in thought as if he had forgotten something. but shrugging it off as nothing important he simply greets valan and waves a bowl of plum pudding at his friend which he has been carrying with him for some time now, "VALAN WANT PUD-DING?". the large man offers.

as they enter the lower quarters kermis climbs into the top most net for the supplies, finding it most comfortable he quickly falls alseep because of the rocking motion of the ship.

as the jourmey progresses, kermis cant seem to emulate the strange shade of green valan has produced but he tries to concentrate on his own skin color, to no avail. after some time he notices valan being introduced to some new game apparently, eager to learn the rules he picks up the loose dice and tosses them eagerly onto the mat. rolling a 3
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=761906
staring down at the strange markings on the dice and the mats, kermis simply states "IS GOOD? OR BAD?" pointing at the dice.

ooc - i apologize for my lack of quotes in my entries, im trying to post more than i have been but im seemingly pressed for time each time i arrive...ill try and be as obvious as possible when reacting to specific things.

Last edited:

LiquidBlue

First Post
corcio said:
eager to learn the rules he picks up the loose dice and tosses them eagerly onto the mat. rolling a 3
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=761906
staring down at the strange markings on the dice and the mats, kermis simply states "IS GOOD? OR BAD?" pointing at the dice.

"Well, with that throw, there is a good chance that you have the opportunity to go first."

OOC: When using invisiblecastle please use the same name for each of your dice throws. Generally, it is best to use your character's name. When you roll the dice, their is a field labled note. It is with that field that one can identify the purpose of the roll.

LogicsFate

First Post
Valan, looks at the pud-ding and reels alittle bit.

"IS GOOD? OR BAD?"

I don't know Kermis, I don't have the rulles down yet.

Dispite the motion, and not paying much attention to the rules as they we're being told, Valan tosses.
Gold will be fine.

Last edited:

JonnyFive

First Post
"Valan, i don't know whats worse about you, your horrible memory or your desire to waste good coin to the god's of luck." throran comments from his pearch on one of the many barrels scattered around the ship. The fresh air seems to be doin him some good, as his usaly stoic expresion seems to have a bit of a grin to it.

corcio

First Post
kermis squats down between the sailors and valan, an eager smile on his face. he has grown quite comfortable on the ship and enjoys the ride now. responding to throran statement he quizzically asks "WHO GODS OF LUCK?" he looks at each of the men there as if any one of them might be a god of luck in disguise. however he remains more curious about this latest turn of event rather than being alarmed by it.

ooc - sorry about the confusing rolls on my part anyways, i am using most of my characters in other games im playing with my friends as well, i will try to be more specific.

Last edited:

Swamptreader

First Post
Aazwen Shadewood - L1 Perfectly Normal Ranger

While the others chose hammocks, Aazwen chose the floor beneath the swaying nets, to no one's surprise.

This kept Aazwen's body safely out of the way most of the time. The rest of the time it would tend to roll from wall to wall at the whim of the waves, limp arms flailing around, open-mouth with tongue lolling to and fro. If not for the fact that it snored from time to time, it would be reasonable to call for a burial at sea.

Aazwen's everpresent gecko chose the wall beneath one of the hammocks, dining from time to time upon the various tiny creatures that infest most ships whether at dock or at sea.

~~

Awake at just the right time, much to the chagrin of certain others, the elf decides after some internal but slightly audible self-debate to join the game. He had lost soundly the last time, but he had new shinies and perhaps they would be luckier and multiply rather than disappear from his pocket.

He settles down in a cross-legged position before the mat and, when given the dice, rolls a 3. He looks at Kermis and says in a suitably barbarianish tone and volume, "SEE? WE ARE SAME, KERMIS AND AAZWEN ROLL DICE LIKE ONE BARBARIAN!" Go forth and lose, o' mighty elf....

corcio

First Post
though finding it strange that the elf considers himself the same as kermis, confuses the large man. but regardless of this he appreciates the elfs high spirt and obvious energy. shaking a fist and nodding in approval kermis simply grunts in the elfs direction and continues to concentrate on the game.

Remove ads