L4W Discussion Thread V

pathfinderq1

First Post
First: Hooray for getting a game going. :) Many thanks to FourMonos!

Second: Wrapping up old/dead adventures in the interest of sweet, sweet XP and gold. I'm going to call the adventures done as of the last post by the DM that is more than just checking in, plus a week if there was player IC activity that long after the last DM post. If someone thinks I picked a bad end date, fire me a PM - I'm not trying to short change anyone! I'm going to start with time XP/gold because that's easy... I forgot there would be encounters to measure up and reward XP for, heh. I'll see what I can do with those, but I don't think I'll be able to do that estimating tonight.

Anyway, here's the list I've got, please speak up if I've missed anyone.

Illarion Miriele (@Neurotic) - Murder at Midnight and Madness at Gardmore Abbey
Murder - level 6, adventure ran 5 months (May 10, 2012 to Oct 11, 2012). 2085 XP, 3130 gp. Encounters: none. :( Finished a quick skim through Murder at Midnight, it looks like Illarion wasn't involved in the only combat that finished. The final combat was barely started, so I'm not sure if we normally would award XP for it ... (Interesting side note - I thought the adventure title sounded familiar, Tristan was in that adventure too. :)) Anyway, that's more than enough XP to get Illarion to level 7, so that's the level I will use for the next adventure's time XP/gold.

Madness - level 7, adventure ran 4 months (June 10, 2013 to Oct 5, 2013). 2000 XP, 3576 gp. Encounters: ?
Total time XP & gold: 4085 XP, 6706 gp.

Joy (@pathfinderq1) - Madness at Gardmore Abbey
Madness - level 7, adventure ran 4 months (June 10, 2013 to Oct 5, 2013). 2000 XP, 3576 gp. Encounters: ?

Lilli (@Neil1889) - Shards of Eldanarth
Shards - level 7, adventure ran 9 months (June 13, 2013 to March 5, 2014). 4500 XP, 8046 gp. Encounters: ?

Joy was only in PART of the Madness at Gardmore Abbey adventure (even before it shut down), but the XP should still be enough to get her to 8th level. I'm still in the process of leveling up, and I will have to remember how to work the wiki to fully update, but here is her level 8 stat block:

[sblock= “Joy” 8th level]
Human (Elan), Hybrid- Ardent|Bard, MC- Warlord
Level 8
Initiative +6/Passive Perception 20/Passive Insight 14;
HP 62 (62)/Bloodied 31/Surge value 15/Per day= 9 (0 used)
AC 24/FORT 19/REF 20/WILL 23
Speed 5/Size medium/Saves normal
STR 13 (+1)/DEX 14 (+2)/WIS 8 (-1)
CON 15 (+2)/INT 12 (+1)/CHA 21 (+5)
Melee basic: Falchion +2; +15 (AC), 2d4+9 damage and target cannot shift until end of my next turn (Intent laid bare, Ardent AW 1)

Skills: Arcana +10; Athletics +10; Bluff +14; Endurance +13; Perception +10; Streetwise +14
Racial and class abilities: Telepathy 5, Origin= Immortal; Bardic virtue (Valor, +3 tHP once/turn); Skill versatility; Ardent mantle (elation; +2 Diplomacy and Intimidate, +2 damage dealt with OAs for allies within aura 5); Psionic augmentation (+4 pp)

At-will Powers: Intent laid bare, Energizing strike, Demoralizing strike, Staggering note
Encounter powers: Shout of triumph, Ardent surge (x1), Majestic word (x1), Elan resilience, Dimension swap, Revitalizing incantation
Daily powers: Slayer’s song, Invitation to defeat, Inspiring word
Item powers: Harsh songblade (daily), Dwarven armor (daily)
>Action points: 1 left (of 1)
>Second wind: not used
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Joy_(pathfinderq1)

[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Alright, I've gone through Madness (made very easy by SoM summarizing the monsters' levels and Joy's rewards - thanks!) and Shards and updated my post above. Drew has also been added to the list.

Pathfinderq1 - I noticed that as I was going through Madness and have edited my post to reflect the rewards posted for Joy in the first post of that adventure. I'm really sorry to roll back rewards like that, I should've checked before I posted the first time. At least since you pointed it out as well I can feel reassured that you won't get mad at me for rolling back. :)

Not sure if the extra XP from the encounters is enough to get anyone an extra level, but at least I can rest easy knowing that those adventures are wrapped up and there isn't encounter XP floating in the wind. :)

Edit: In any case, welcome to level 8, all of you. :D

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Well, Vermitrax was in the same adventure as Lilli, Shards of Eldanarth. Guess I could take that XP and money from her calculations, just adapt them for his level?

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Well, Vermitrax was in the same adventure as Lilli, Shards of Eldanarth. Guess I could take that XP and money from her calculations, just adapt them for his level?
Yes, you could. I'll add Vermitrax to the post as well so you have something to link to. Sorry for missing him, I should have noticed!

Son of Meepo

First Post
You could always continue Madness at Gardmore Abbey :)

Not a good idea at this point, as most of the characters from that adventure are here.

I don't have time to run adventures anymore. RL has gotten more busy for me.

I'm not sure what was meant by sociopath elementalist, but I have my sentinel druid gnoll (level 8) and my battle-sage artificer-warlord deva (level 9). They are both leaders, but the latter requires at least one ally to have decent basic attacks. I could be convinced to retire a PC to make something the group needs to fill a role, but that will take me a little bit of time to put together.

Remove ads