L4W Discussion Thread V

Fearless

First Post
Hi Everyone!

I am new to enworld and living 4'th edition, so I am currently reading L4W Charter and preparing to join you lot, but I do have some quick questions:

* Are there any class restrictions? ( was thinking about playing a monk )

* Is there a list of the feats, powers and general material that is not allowed to be used.

* It doesn't look like it, but is PVP allowed?

* Is it better to create a character using google spreadsheets than l4w wiki?

And if you got any advice for a newbie, please feel free to throw it in my direction.

Looking forward to play some grand adventures with ya lot!

renau1g

First Post
Hi Everyone!

I am new to enworld and living 4'th edition, so I am currently reading L4W Charter and preparing to join you lot, but I do have some quick questions:

And if you got any advice for a newbie, please feel free to throw it in my direction.

Looking forward to play some grand adventures with ya lot!

First, welcome to ENworld and L4W.

* Are there any class restrictions? ( was thinking about playing a monk ). All WotC classes are approved, so monks are fine.

* Is there a list of the feats, powers and general material that is not allowed to be used. The 2nd post of the Charter talks about stuff not allowed. Basically, campaign specific stuff is not allowed (themes from DS, backgrounds from FR and Scales of War, and Dragonmarks from Eberron.

* It doesn't look like it, but is PVP allowed? No, it's not allowed.

* Is it better to create a character using google spreadsheets than l4w wiki?The judges for the most part prefer the wiki, but as long as you follow the requirements it's fine either way, just likely to be reviewed sooner if the wiki

Don't forget that you can enter the tavern and start RP'ing without being approved + you can even start an adventure without being approved, just can't receive XP without approval.

Fearless

First Post
Thanks for the answer and welcome :D

I am currently working on a character, and hopefully he will be joining those in the Tavern later today.

FourMonos

First Post
I've got a question for the judges: I'm considering changing the class of my level 2 warlord/warlock hybrid into a hexblade (warlock). It would hopefully entail a ceremony or ritual discussed IC.

Can I "retire" his current status and remake him into the new class and transfer his current gear, items and money to the new model? what happens to his experience?

Also, this whole plan is based on switching to a star-pact hexblade from Dragon magazine (#393). Is there any problem with using that option? It seems in line with the other pact options.

thanks in advance
4Monos

renau1g

First Post
If you're on an adventure you don't need approval (unless your DM wants one). If you're done the adventure, you'll need to get approved. Send the email to the judges with links.

Remove ads