• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Labyrinth Lord [Discussion Thread...Questions welcome!]

Darkwolf445

First Post
Interesting stuff.

Looks like a good way to get players who do not have access to the original books into a simpler system.

I have all the (Semi)original BECMI Boxed sets and the Rules Compendium and I have to say this looks like a really good job. I have actually taken a DM break due to burnout from 3.5 and I think I'll look into running these rules once I ween myself back in.

I wonder how it would work with a Kara-Tur flavored setting?

Allensh

Explorer
I am going to have to get my copy of B4: The Lost City out again and see if the characters can actually get past the Giant Killer Bees this time :)

Allen

Goblinoid Games

First Post
Darkwolf445 said:
I wonder how it would work with a Kara-Tur flavored setting?

I don't see why an "Asian" inspired setting wouldn't work. One might have to tweak classes and equipment a bit for flavor, but other than that sure, why not?

Darkwolf445

First Post
Goblinoid Games said:
I don't see why an "Asian" inspired setting wouldn't work. One might have to tweak classes and equipment a bit for flavor, but other than that sure, why not?

It was more of an out-loud thinking. Setting tweaking/rules tweaking is easy. Getting crunch happy players to indulge in a lighter rules set--that is the trick.

Goblinoid Games

First Post
Darkwolf445 said:
It was more of an out-loud thinking. Setting tweaking/rules tweaking is easy. Getting crunch happy players to indulge in a lighter rules set--that is the trick.

True, I see your point. Are your players also burnt out on 3.5, or is it just you? If they are also, you might have an easier time getting them to give it a shot. You might try talking them into giving it at least one go through a real kick ass classic module, and see if it sells them this way.

Falstaff

First Post
What a breath of fresh air!

This game kicks ass in more ways than I can list. This is the game I grew up playing and to have it back in print makes me happy beyond words!

THANK YOU GOBLINOID GAMES!!! :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads