Labyrinth (movie) In 2020

Labyrinth is a movie I loved as a kid, and love as an adult. Also a big Bowie fan. The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars is one of the perfect albums.

Not sure what to expect from a sequel. As long as it's not a remake. I do think that Jim Henson Studios has to be involved. Like the recent Dark Crystal series, Labyrinth just doesn't work without the puppetry, would lack the magic.

See, oddly this is the one case where I might have higher hopes for a remake. It seems more likely that a reboot could succeed on its own terms than that a successful continuation of the movie could be made without Jim Henson, without Bowie, and now with screenwriter Terry Jones recently passed away as well. It's not like there is all that much of a plot to continue, it was a movie whose charm was more in inspired elements, humorous and memorable moments, and a very striking production design. Seems like a difficult thing to follow up on 30-odd years later.

That said, as long as there's lots of kooky latex goblin puppets involved I'll go see it.

Mad_Jack

Legend
There was just recently a Kickstarter by Broken Toad for some abso-frackin-lutely gorgeous licensed 1/10th scale resin figures and busts from both Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal... If I'd had the cash I'd have gone all in.

If there are Hensons involved in a remake/reboot, I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

Remove ads