• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lady Despina's Virtue - Continued

Rackhir

Explorer
I'm not sure if things are looking better or worse for our heroes. I suspect though, that the paladin would be better off getting rid of the the alienist. The sublest evils are the banal ones that propose "reasonable" solutions to problems. He's going to be trouble one of these days. Hell he's already been trouble.

Thanks again, especially for the frequent updates Sepulchrave.

Broccli_Head

Explorer
All I can say is

WHOA! (I actually said that out loud while reading the post..at the part where Mostin suggested summoning the balor)

I don't like how things are turning for the heroes. Especially when demons and celestials plot behind the scenes. So not fair!

Did you read that article a few Dragons back called When Celestials Attack, by any chance?

Darklone

OMG.

Wow. Oh my god. Gods. Demons. Devils. Whatever.

Thanks a lot Sepulchrave. I envy you for that group and that game.

Cyronax

Explorer
Damn, that Mostin is crazy! I'm surprised that his plan to summon a balor was agreed to so readily by Ortwin.

I can hear a can of whoopa** being opened up. Let's see who takes the first sip......

C.I.D.

Darklone

Cyronax said:
Damn, that Mostin is crazy! I'm surprised that his plan to summon a balor was agreed to so readily by Ortwin.

I can hear a can of whoopa** being opened up. Let's see who takes the first sip......

Hehehe. But I do LIKE the idea of gating in a Balor and: Hey, he does not want to talk, lets get something to drink and sleep a bit ...

madriel

First Post
Why oh why is the party following the advice of the most irrational member of the party? Never thought I'd see a paladin involved in a demon summoning. If Eadric wasn't imperilling his immortal soul before, he certainly is now.

grodog

Hero
Thanks for the story posts Sepulchrave. I'm enjoying them quite a bit, and have been looking forward to the continuation since December or whenever it was that you stopped posting before.

Victim

First Post
WHy would this be endangering his goodness? Out of character, I've considered summoning evil stuff just to kill it. It's not that hard to make sure it doesn't get away, and it's either banished from the world for hundreds of years - a good thing - or killed permanently - an even better thing. It's like a premptive strike against some of the most powerful forces for evil in the multiverse, and you can attack them one at time. The only problem is if lose and get killed, but that would be problem in any other situation anyway.

I'd be very nervous if I knew Celestials serving my character's diety were making deals with demons. Chatting with them seems much worse than summoning them and threatening to squash them if they don't spill the beans on their evil plans.

Remove ads