• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lady Despina's Virtue - Continued

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Sepulchrave II said:
"So what was your very first sinful act?" He asked.
"Ahh, that would be doubt," the demoness answered.
"In what?"
"The judgement of Oronthon."
"Hmm, I see." This was getting very abstract. "And why did you doubt?"
"I cannot tell you," she replied.
He scowled. "Why not?"
She shook her head.
He pressed her, but she would not answer, save eventually to say:
"Because you are not ready. Because if you knew, you might fall, as I did."

In my opinion, these are the best lines from the whole post. Thanks for the little cosmological summary. It puts things in perspective. Why you gotta be a player hater, though? Sending the inquisition and all to mess with my favorite character is not nice :p

What do the clergy have against Eadric? Cynric was his mentor after all. Wouldn't he be favored or has the Adversary put envy and jealousy in the hearts of Orothon's faithful?

Sepulchrave II said:
"So I can’t blast them, then?" Mostin was disappointed.

Well if Eadric bites it, Mostin is my next favorite. I would like to see him try and waste some high-level clerics, though. Would arcane magic triumph over the divine?

Last edited:

turtle

First Post
well my favorite is ortwin... ngah!

i was just thinking about what an interesting balance this party has... you've got the paladin, who is basically a fighter with divine powers. then you have the druid, who can heal and also can do all the nature type stuff... you've got the alienist, who is dealing with all the magikal problems (and maybe causing some) and you've got the fighter/rogue/bard who does all the fighting and roguing and barding.

they are all very different but cover all the bases in a way another 4 person party would be hard-put to do...

Lombard

First Post
hi all

hi jim

or 'sep' should i say? dan told me about this forum. just to let you know i'll be keeping my beady eye on it to make sure everything is accurate: looks good so far, although your style is a bit florid at times.

what's a 'rat bastard?'
should i be scared?

marc (eadric)

Riekhan

First Post
A rat bastard Dm is a terrifying entity that makes it's players do things like fight enemies that use innocent babies as shields, or filing taxes for major cities... :O

FLORID?

- Just kidding, Lombard. You know I read too much Jack Vance. It warped my brain.

I'll have to watch my "P's" and "Q's" from now on.

Actually, I'm really glad you're posting. You might be able to remember stuff that I don't, or that I didn't note.

Darklone

Agreed

Hands down best story hour. Ok, perhaps second place :D

Sep, how about a little summary of the characters past sometimes?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads