• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lair Assault 2 Live

On Puget Sound

First Post
The only thing I know is there is water, and from the picture, a way to escape a grab might be a good idea. And the Glory awards list includes the phrase "complete both encounters..." so unlike the last season, it appears there will be a short rest. Good for recharging encounter powers, bad because your encounter-long dailies will wear off.

EDIT: According to another post from wotc_Huscarl, when lair assaults include multiple encounters there is no opportunity for a short rest between them. So the encounter separation is just to clear your ongoing effects.

Last edited:

NMcCoy

Explorer
So basically, it's still one long encounter, but with encounter-long effects nerfed. Bleh, time to rework my builds and go back to daily item powers. :/

Doctor Proctor

First Post
So basically, it's still one long encounter, but with encounter-long effects nerfed. Bleh, time to rework my builds and go back to daily item powers. :/

You mean daily item power? You only get one use per tier, which is recharged at a milestone...which we won't be getting since it's only two encounters total.

Honestly though, this sort of change was inevitable. A single encounter just makes encounter long effects way to powerful. I was using a Scout last season and my friend ran a Tiefling Warlock that cast Hellsworn Blessing on me. +2 to hit, and +2d8 damage per attack (of which I do two). Gloves of Piercing took care of the fire resistance issue (ignore resistance of 10 or less) and I was easily doing something on the order of 70 damage per round.

Now we'll just need two Tieflings... :devil:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
You mean daily item power? You only get one use per tier, which is recharged at a milestone...which we won't be getting since it's only two encounters total.

Not anymore. That was errata-ed out quite some time ago. A character can use as many Daily Item powers as s/he has which is great for lower level nobility who can just own a ton of magic items and fire off more potent powers right and left.

Doctor Proctor

First Post
Not anymore. That was errata-ed out quite some time ago. A character can use as many Daily Item powers as s/he has which is great for lower level nobility who can just own a ton of magic items and fire off more potent powers right and left.

Oh, wow...I must've missed that errata then. Some of our DM's must've too, because I know that they were enforcing it for the last Lair Assault (unless it's one per encounter or something now). That does change some things then...

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
Wonder if they will go with more creatures or higher levels or both?

I played LA1 4 times and there was a big variance between DMs and the team build and individual optimization. The first 3 runs had some unoptimized/non-team players that ended up being huge heal sinks. Those barely made it out of the first room without casualties.

The last run with an optimized group had characters who never used a surge . We had plenty of healing left.

Some of the strong powers will be seen again, just times 2. Less 2 daily encounter long combos and more 1 daily encounter combos x2.

Remove ads