• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Lakelands] Six For Adventure

Father Evars pantomime would have been amusing to Horsom under any other circumstances. He hurried after the priests, guessing that Father Evars felt that they would be safe to communicate once they were away from the chamber.

Raven Crowking

First Post
And indeed it was so. Kregor led the way back to the first room, where the trio was able to unplug their ears, away from the insane babbling of the undead.

"I do not know what those things are," Father Evers said once they all could hear. "Though they seem bound to that chamber."

"The tortured souls of the dead," suggested Kregor, "slain by the Sly Hisser, or entrapped by its malice."

Horsom considered the priests' words, and ideas bubbled to the surface of his mind. His head was still spinning slightly from the effects of the spirits' chilling grasp, and he found it difficult to control his thoughts. "Is there not any way to appease these spirits? Could you not consecrate the chamber? Or maybe exorcise them? Or convince them that the Sly Hisser has been banished? Maybe there is an object or objects in that room to which they're bound, and that can be removed? Or is their protection that Gragnor or the Seven can provide against these misguided souls' deadly touch?"

Raven Crowking

First Post
"You did not see it, but as you walked within that chamber, I raised aloft the symbol of Mardan and spoke his holy name. And yet those ghosts remained bound, and were not released from their torment. I believe, therefore, that to end their suffering, we must do what would seem like violence to them, had we any weapons that would so bite." Father Evers smiled at Horsom. "Or so would be my council."

Horsom grinned. "Father, you are speaking my language!" Horsom quickly sobered, remembering that these were the souls of innocents trapped by the Hisser's malice. He looked down at his axe, examining the blade. "This is a fine weapon, but not up to the task of hewing ghost flesh I think." He looked up at Father Evars. "Where could we obtain such weapons? Or could you call upon Mardan, or Gragnor," glancing at Kregor, "to consecrate the weapons we have?"

OOC: I'm heading to a cottage after work and won't be back until a week Saturday.

Last edited:

Raven Crowking

First Post
"Fool that I am, not to have forseen this!" Father Evers said. "Mardan pardon me for not being prepared for this happenstance! Let us go back aboveground, and upon the morrow, Kregor and I shall be prepared to enchant our weapons to this task, and with the area consecrated we shall seek to undo this evil."

Kregor nodded in assent.

Ulorian said:
OOC: I'm heading to a cottage after work and won't be back until a week Saturday.

OOC: And, so you know, I'll be away from August 17th to August 28th.

Raven Crowking

First Post
I got back this Wednesday, but with the 4e hooplah, I haven't checked in on my games before. I am back now, and ready to resume game postings on Tuesday (this is a long weekend in Canada!).

Raven Crowking

First Post
The party returned to the surface. While they had been underground, the sky had cleared up, and Selenil had returned. Although there was still a line for the Lord to administer his justice, there was almost a carnival air in the little hamlet.

Horsom clapped the half-elf warmly on the back, and led him to the tavern where they could catch each other up on their adventures. He told the priests where he and Selanil could be found when they were ready.

Remove ads