• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter VIII

xmanii

Explorer
"A Pain was after me, with his two pet ogres," Jahon says. "They will kill me if they catch me, please, by Torm's hand, help me!"

At the sound of the rattling, Jahon states, in a voice slightly louder then a whisper, "They are here. We must run, or kill them."
"If we are to fight them, we can set up an ambush. I can cast an illusion of myself, injured, right outside the barn door." Jahon points outside. "But we must hurry! That door won't stop his pets for long!" With that, Jahon starts to move towards the barn door. Guide my spells, Lady, for we will need it.

xmanii

Explorer
OOC

[sblock]
Velmont posted while I was thinking on how I was going to do this, and getting ready for work. My post still stands. :)
[/sblock]

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang nods his approval of bounding Jahon and positions himself on the opposite side of the trapdoor that the others are facing.
If the man spoke truthfully, and two ogres emerge from the trapdoor, Calenthang will do his best to direct their attention from the others. He will attack anything that breaks through however, orge or otherwise.

Dhes

Explorer
Slamming his dagger into the wall, Dunstand throws of his backpack and hurriedly takes out a piece of rope.
Rope in hand the Rogue turns to Jahon, ”No look my dagger is over there …see, we can do this the easy way the hard way or the really hard way. It’s up to you.”
[sblock]You could try calling my bluff, but my dagger will return to my hand at will :D [/sblock]

kirinke

First Post
"Relax, we aren't into casual throat slitting," Teleri said brightly as she finished her prayer. "Just behave and you'll be alright," she said as if there was no immediate danger threatening. The bow and arrow pointed at the splintering door belied that though.

Mimic

First Post
Broddy surveys the scene before him with a critical eye, it seems that strangers are poping up in the most peculiar places and he wasn't sure if it was just coincedience or not. Either way they had to contend with whatever was behind the door.

He moves to get a better angle at the trap door, better if he can get a line of sight down as well.

"I would suggest that no one gets between me and the door." He remarks as he starts to cast.

ooc: Starting to cast lightning bolt, waiting until whatever breaks down the door first though

Wilphe

Adventurer
"Relax, we aren't into casual throat slitting,"

"Yep, we're serious about our throat slitting, we're professionals," says Laurent, having returned and standing in the doorway to the barn, "Outside is clear, for now. Would you mind giving me a clear shot please? Just because I'm watching the rear doesn't mean I don't want to shoot whatever comes up out the floor at the front."

He stands just outside the entrance to the barn, keeping one eye on the trap door and another to make sure nothing comes up behind the party, or the couple don't escape from the house. Don't want to get trapped here you know.

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang glances up from the trapdoor to give Laurent a glare the bard is probably too used to to notice.
The ambush failed; what's your next plan...? he thinks on the convenience of Laurent showing up only after his sinister companions' murder attempt was foiled. The new one is obviously just a pawn; someone to keep an eye on, though. The craven orator might not strike with his own hands, but there is little doubt in Calenthang's mind that he'll use the tools given to him.

Remove ads