• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lamia Monk

Calim

First Post
I am sure it has been asked before but here I go again.

If I use the Lamia to attack a person and the Lamia has improved unarmed strike does the wisdom damage happen at the same time as hitting with my unarmed strikes?

Or is it a seperate attack?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
A lamia's wisdom drain is a touch attack; this is different from a monk's unarmed strike. It's two separate attacks. I tried to get away with something similar once with a vampire monk's level draining, but it doesn't fly using the rules as written.

Last edited:

Starglim

Explorer
Wisdom damage is the lamia's standard natural attack. She doesn't need Improved Unarmed Strike since she already has an attack which causes her to be considered armed.

A lamia's normal attack doesn't cause hit point damage. Thus I would regard a damaging blow as a different form of attack that prevents the lamia's Wisdom-damaging touch from working. I'm by no means saying this is a general rule for touch-based effects, though.

You have probably considered this, but most lamias don't qualify for monk as they are chaotic.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads