Lance Henriksen and Peter Weller: EnWorld Decides

Peter Weller? Lance Henriksen?

• 1. Peter Weller is the poor man's Lance Henriksen.

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • 2. Lance Henriksen is the poor man's Peter Weller.

Votes: 19 45.2%

• Poll closed .

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I have been involved in a long-running conversation/debate/discussion, which, boiled down, has roughly two sides:

1. Lance Henriksen is the poor man's Peter Weller.
2. Peter Weller is the poor man's Lance Henriksen.

If you aren't familiar with this phrasing, allow me to assist- when someone thinks of, say, an actor, and you think, "Well, that actor is just like ... but not quite the same ... as another actor." So examples of that would be-
Skeet Ulrich is the poor man's Johnny Depp (90s special!).
Gary Busey is the poor man's Nick Nolte.
Christopher Eccleston is the poor man's Ralph Fiennes.
Andy Garcia is the poor man's Al Pacino.
Jesse Plemons is the poor man's Phillip Seymour Hoffman.
Dennis Quaid is the poor man's Kurt Russell.
Mark Wahlberg is the poor man's Matt Damon.
etc.

Anyway, normally the case is obvious. And here, I think it is as well. One is obviously the poor man's version of the other, and the only people would disagree are bards, elves, and other assorted ne'er-do-wells. Which side did I take? Well.... I don't want to skew the results.

However, for purposes of this discussion, we are talking only about genre films, specifically science fiction. So ... vote in the poll. Let me know what you think. In the comments, tell me why.

(I am using the phrase "poor man's" because it's a common phrasing.)

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
lol, I remember a long conversation I've had with my friends. One of them is a Michael Madsen super fan oddly enough. We used to joke that Madsen was a poor man's Tom Sizemore, but uh, yeah the tables really turned on that one.

Lance is the discount model here.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Don't get me wrong, Lance is a great character actor and a fine supporting role in any film, however, Weller is a leading man and in a different league. I mean, Lance didnt even play the lead in the direct to DVD sequel of Weller's Screamers film.

aco175

Legend
1659018488331.png

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
As much as it pains me to admit it, I think Lance is the better actor. I guess I have to turn in my Blue Blaze Irregular fan club ID.

Remove ads